1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Hubby younger than me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sravanthi28, Sep 7, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: My Hubby younger than I

Dear shravanthi,
    all my cousins have married elderly and the mental rapport is great, for the simple reason woman when young are very tan traumatic, but as they mature and mellow a lot, and are able to understand the childish nature of a man, who loves to be pampered always.

in my observation men like it so, men run after older ladies when they talk to them, window shopping is always for the chiks. sunkan

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

i know a colleague of mine who was into 30's..who used to always joke, that if the girl is elder..they make them swallow a pearl for each year in one of the castes.. but not sure of which one was it....

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Age is matter of numbers..... Maths is really funny...... Somebody proved 1+1=0..... So, dont waste your time thinking about it....

You love your hubby and he loves u..... That is what it counts....

In todays materialistic world.... the concept of true love etcetc is becoming a rare....It is just a compromised life...... When you have it enjoy it to the fullest.......

But, I really really dont know that Men mature late...... After seeing my wife, sis and some other ladies..... I thought it is the otherway round....The concept of boy being elder is... He will be working and taking care of the family etc..etc...

4. piu

piu New IL'ite

Love is blind.it never care age barrier.most important thing is u two love each other.wish u very happy life.

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Shravanthi,

Even Kasturba was older than Gandhi by some months.

I have cousins in my family who are married to boys older than them and there is a male cousin who has married a woman older than him by 5 years. And all these people were very conservative while growing up. Especially the male cousin, he would not even allow us to leave our hair open while in public. And what do I see of him in his 20's and 30's....he chased many many girls and ended up with an older woman. I have a distant relative who married a woman who is 10 years older than him and she was his boss in office :wink: . Marriage has nothing to do with age and numbers.

6. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamla & Sunkan,
    yeah, its very true that girls mature faster than the boys. They know many things when compared to the boys of their age and evn more. And that the was reason, girls could cope up with their husbands, in-laws, babies & other responsibilites even if they were married at a very tender age. (We should also consider the point that most of the girls were illterate in those days).
    My husband being the only child & that too born after 11 years of marriage of my in-laws, he was too pampered (to such an extent , you can say a spoil-brat). Love, marriage and honeymoon period were like a bed of roses. Only when we started staying together, the reality came out very slowly. He was a stuborn, short tempered and a spendthrift. It took 2 years for me to get him into line and now , he is very much a changed guy. Everybody could see the change in him (including his parents) and he is now a responsible guy.
    Everybody who expressed their views here ,well said! Thanks a lot. Age is only a number and a marriage can flourish only if the persons invloved are compatible with each other.

Sravanthi

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sravanthi,

Congrats.. on making things work... :clap

8. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanti,
    Thanks a lot. From my short experience i did learnt that patience, persistence and trust in GOd can only solve such problems. There's no use of blaming , fighting or crying over it night & die. Love plays the most important role.

Sravanthi

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shravanti
    Age is no bar.As long as your happy nothing counts in this world.I wish you a long ,happy married life.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

:-D :-D :-D .....Cheeniya...you! Know what, I am sure your wife is 10yrs older than you...even if mentally only !:wink:

L, Kamla