1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Hubby younger than me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sravanthi28, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    For your views & experiences. I am older than my husband by 10 months. Though both of our families & close friends knew about it, we never intentionally disclose it to anybody. These days its a common thing among celebrities in india (forgot about hollywood, age never matters to them and the west). But people are usually struck for a second when we tell them about our reverse age gap.
    Actually it all started when my husband (then lover) wanted to know my date of birth (concisely the year). One day after our classes were over, he gave me a slam book & asked me to fill it. I was rather surprised becoz we were in the middle of our academic year & no way theres need of a slam book between us (we know well we will be in touch forever). I grasped that he want to know some of my favourites , filled the whole page but just filled the month & date of my birthday. Next day, when i handed him the book, he immediately grabbed it & looked for my birth date. He somewhat shly asked me to fill the year too (besides mentioning that he was born on 16 th november 1981). Then the thought came into my mind, but i couldn't tell him spontaneously that i was born on 28th january 1981 becoz a common friend was present there. The next day i callded him up & told him that our relationship wont work as i am older than him. He said it doesn't matter to him & persuaded me to meet him for the last time. We met in a bakery & he told all such examples of Sachin Tendulkar (people usually remember this couple), Socrates, Lord Rama and Adolf Hitler. I too love him a lot & i just couldn't loose him and so got convinced after much discussion. I too have heard such cases happen even with arranged marriages. One such case was my north indian friend's grand parents. They were not aware that before and it came into light after many years of their marriage.

We didnot conceal this from our parents and luckily both of our parents agreed to our marriage(inter-caste) . May be i am boring:bangcomp: people here with my story, i want to know how many women here belong to the same category as i.

Sravanthi

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: My Hubby younger than I

Hi sravanthi,
    Its nice to hear your love story...
    WIsh you all success in your life .

~Punitha

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

If the love between two hearts is true, age never matters. I am sure it is true in your case also.

You are great. And I am sure here in IL no one is to stand stunned.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Age has nothing to do with love. Its a matter of heart. :yes:

5. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Punitha & Rajmiarun,
    Thanks for your comments. I usually never speak up about our love story even if relatives, collegues persuade me to tell. I always escape under one or the other pretension. I didn't know why i felt IL so close to my heart and could see people asking for help on intimate details & sharing everything under the sky.
    So i could reveal one of the wondeful chapters of my story.

Sravanthi

6. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Hi Sravanthi,

Don't be worried about the age gap. and forget about ppl getting shocked abt it. having men in the elder age for a marriage is with a reason. Men usually don't get the maturity fast enough. a guy at 25 will not have enough maturity when compared with a girl of 18 and that's the reason men are older than women in a marriage, to balance the life.

as long as your love for your spouse is true and you have a good understanding, nothing complaints.

Malar

7. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

yeah no need to worry about the age gap..as all say...hearts tht matter in love...i have seen people who have married diffrences being in years..never mind..sitha being older to lord rama was always his favourite..pls read ramayan fro further clarifictions...krishna being smaller to radha...pls read krishna leela or bhgavatham fro further clarifications... tk cr and love more and more and more.... ur hubby...!!

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sravanthi,

Age is nothing but numbers...:tongue. As long as you are happy forget numbers....

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sravanthi,
    You brought up one of those 'hush hush' question out into the open. BTW, first and foremost, let me congratulate you on going ahead and marrying the person you love, nevermind the age! Let others take encouragement from what you said. I feel many factors are still a taboo in our country. Abroad, there is hardly any fuss if the wife is older than the hubby. Sometimes it happens and what is the big deal! Like Malar here said with elan...men take longer time to mature than women and that was the reason perhaps that the man needed to be older !:mrgreen:
    The recent marriage between Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachan was lapped up by everyone and apart from mentioning that she is 3 or 4 yrs older than him, no one thought it was an obstacle. And there are so many many such marriages in India. An aunt of mine is older than her husband, I heard that as a child. I don't think that uncle is aware of it to this day ! :wink:
    Thanks to changing times that people are not making any deal about it today.

L, Kamla

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    If what you say is true, for the speed with which I matured, my wife ought to have been 10 years elder to me! :mrgreen:
    Sri