1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Halloween experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by saarang, Nov 3, 2010.

1. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Halloween…. Though I had come across this word a lot of times, never did I bother to find out what it is actually. This time since being in US and also because a lot of other friends kept talking about it I decided to join in this occasion. Being a very timid person, I get scared even for a slightest sound in my home during the night, I was very skeptical whether this would be possible by me. The place and time was decided- some theme park at night 10.
    We as a group of 10 went to the park. At the very first sight of the park, I wanted to return home badly. We were 3 girls in the group and since the other 2 were quite courageous than me, I did not want to be an odd person out. The first haunted house we visited was slaughter house(not sure of the name). I was so surprised that I knew so many slokas and mantras only when I stood in the queue. Slowly the queue started moving and I drew the courage to tell everyone that I am backing off. But nobody even heard me. As I opened the mouth, my husband and other friends starting pouring in advices that we will go as a group and there was nothing to worry. My husband kept saying that these are people who dress up like zombies and ghosts. Still I was not convinced. I badly wanted to run off from that place.
    Finally, we moved inside that house. It was totally dark and I clung to my husband. Right from that place till we came out I did not open my eyes. I closed my ears too tight. As I could not see anything I banged in almost all the scattered dolls dressed like dead bodies. The decibel level of my voice increased as we passed through and reached the peak as we came out. I was so scared that I did not realize I had started crying. When I came out I was in tears and all my friends and my hubby got really scared because of me. Even after coming out I could not hold back my tears. Though at that time, I was really shocked and everything in that house seemed so real, now if I sit back and think of it, I only laugh. My friends teased me that I had given money to theme park to cry. All this is funny now, but back then, scary enough for me.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi, you had a nice experience on the halloween day!!! thanks for sharing it here.

andal

3. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha
    seems, you had a scary halloween day

cheers
    suresh

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wow...How I wish I could go to such a place!! Thanks for sharing :)

5. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Ha ha :D btw I think I wud do the same as u .. ;)

6. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

Very nice.. For Next Halloween, make your visit after watching some scary movies like resident evil, night of the living dead, the descend..... So that you want cry...
    If you have any Halloween pictures, please share it in the contest thread.

7. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite