My funniest trip (with nadodigal) to Sivakasi

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sujavenkat, May 20, 2011.

1. sujavenkat

sujavenkat New IL'ite

My two niece wants to come to sivakasi where i reside, so I took them from madurai and we were waiting for the bus without any rush because it took nearly 2hrs from madurai and caught one and sat just next to the driver seat. Altogether there was only 10 -15 people in the bus. We were chatting and having fun while waiting for the driver to come.

But a group of 15members of Nadodigal(who sell beads, etc and live in tents,Here we call as Narikuravargal.) came and occupied seats left to the driver seat and just the back seat of ours. Our bus started and started the comedy also

They were very untidy and kids without dress and elders were chewing betel leaves and mouth completely red and hair sticked together as like rishi's. Two kids who were behind us stood up on the seat and started patting our heads, my niece felt very uneasy and turned to watch who it was, but abacked seeing a lady keeping the kid was swiping her teeth(red with color due to beetel leaves) with her saree palloo. we were laughing at the site.

Then the head of the family sitting left of the driver was asking water from the driver, he gave his bottle. The family members drank that keeping in their mouth and pouring to kids and then gave it to driver. but the driver generously refused (for he dont want to take it).

After 15 min the men at the front spitted the saliva (betel leaves) out of the window and it just came and spotted on us mainly the neatly dressed(whitedress) man's face and dress sitting directly next to them. You cant imagine how our faces went. Then the bus got breakdown at virudhunagar and we all got down. We all became great spectators of that funniest group. one of the kid wants to go to nature call. the mother of the kid asked for water in nearby teastall. They gave it in a vessel, she washed the kid and poured the remaining water in her mouth. All are stunned. Then after some time the driver came with greasy dress to start the bus and it started. we all rushed first into the bus and sat safely away from their seats.
    To the highlight of all, one kid just went near to the driver to stand and one of the lady told " Hai dont go near him he was dirty and stings" This comment outbursted all in bus to laughter and we cant stop laughing. The two hour journey seems to be only 1/2hr journey to us and eventhough we go to too may trips we never enjoyed like this one atall.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing this incident with us.
    Indeed It's a funny incident.