1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Fishy Birthday

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

My Fishy Birthday <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Yesterday was my Birthday.the 1st of September.For me it is any other day.The Chinese dont like their birthdays, as they feel they are one year closer to death.And when they die, they have the best delicious food that they like, like a Roasted Pig,put down in their graves, so that they are not hungry in the afterlife.

What excites me about my birthday is this.Fishes are banned in Rajasthan in the months of May June July August,the 4 months that do not have the alphabet " R " in them.From the 1st of September, my birthday, Fishes are awash in the markets of Jaipur.And i am a fish lover.I What better a brithday Gift the lord can give me,than opening the best of the Fishes for me on my Birthday.

I have been surviving on Chickens all these months,as Red Meat is bad for my cholestrol And with chicken too was off and on have complaints of Bird Flu, so i shift over to Red Meat,and my cholestrol goes for a toss.So i wait anxiously for my Birthday for this reason of Fish.So off I went to the Fish Market to scout the prospective customers for my tummy.I got up early morning 7 skipped my morning walks, and off i went to the market.

Boy oh Boy,Fishes were dime a dozen,staring at me with endearing eyes, wanting me to take them,because they know the path to heaven goes thru Kamalji's Tummy.All their Karmas will be washed away if they please me.Well what do i see but Hilsas,Poplets,Surmais,Fresh Water fishes like Rawas,Lanchi and Singhadas, and there was a festive look all around.I bought my share for a week,and i am as pleased as punch.

My birthday has another uniqeness.See this way.I was born 1st September 1953.So we write it as 1 - 9 - 53.Correct ?

My birthday is the same as the year of my birth , 1953.and this is just one day in the year.
    Next year again the unique date is 1954, next year will be 1955,and so on.Silly one really.

For me ,my birthday is just another day.In the olden days,I remember,new clothes were associated with Diwali as also sweets,Gold with Dhanteras.Money was short, and was saved to spend on these occasions.Today you can spend anything anyday,and if u don’t have money,there is always the credit card.So throughout the year, when I can buy clothes,shoes,or whatever,then what is so special about my birthday.Its just any other day,but does remind me that I am a year older.So I celebrate each day as my birthday,and when I wake up each morning, the first thing I do is thank the Lord, that I am kicking and alive today,to live another day,And I thank him with all my heart.I have seen so many people die in their sleep,so I am sure grateful for each living day.

So i will now eat Fish till April, Dil Se.And my cholestrol will be also happy.Wish me luck.

2. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

Hmmm...yakky! I Dont Encpourage Non Veg Eater... Sorry Sir,
    Many More Happy Returns F The Yesterday...may God Shower N You All The Gud Health...and Peace....sir,i Wished U Luck...

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mithiliji,

Thank u very much for yr kind wishes.Well , we are a non veg family since birth,its just that wife and daughters dont eat at all.But then each to their own.Regards.kamal

4. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Belated B'day wishes to u... hope u had a nice fishy day.:p
    i really believe tht
    as time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on our birthday each year. The same energy that God invested in us at birth is present once again.

regds
    Rajjo.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

Thank god for giving you a fishy birthday and saving your heart .
    Though we are pure vegetarian, I understand that for some people they have to have non-veg everyday.

Yes, I thank god and also pray to him for giving you a healthy birthday and many more to come.

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Happy birth day old boy!
    You are indeed as unique as Morarji Desai as far as your birthday is concerned!
    He was born on 29th February and consequently aged very slowly by celebrating his birthday once in four years! Yours is even more unique!
    Morarji was of course not only a vegetarian but invariably fed himself on a diet of entirely fruits and nuts and maybe some exotic nuts on his birthdays.
    But tell me what is the link between fish and months that do not have R in them? Why are they banned during those months? Is it because Rajasthan begins with R and these months do not have R in them?
    I always thought fish had unseeing eyes.
    Coming back to Morarji, during my student days in Presidency College, a mischievous student had painted the words 'Morarji's Bar!' on the toilet door!
    Sri

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Rajjoji,

thank u so much for yr kind wishes.Regards.kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shantiji,

thank u so much for wishing a non veg guy like me,though u are a veg.Thanks.

Regards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Firstly thanks for wishing this old boy.

Now the fishes.These 4 months are for bredding the fishes.The govt gives contract for fishing to a contractor, who lets the fishes breed during these months,and these months from May to August dont have a n " R " in them.Coincidence perhaps.

The Morarji Bar is a super one, never heart it before.Thanks for the anecdotes,too funny.

See u soon in Chennai,Sri,and i want to visit the old age home with u.But the pronlem is i dont speak Tamil so how will the inmates understand me ?

Thanks and regards.kamal

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Dont bother about the languages. They understand the language of the heart that is spoken not by the mouth but by every part of the body.
    I look forward to your visit
    Sri