1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Tug With The Kozhakattai Maavu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Sep 8, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear shanthi,
    it is the fool proof way, that is why wrote it here now, as there are many young girls here, and also some like me who have sudden amnesia as to how much of water and so on, i would like my friends here to try out some veg this time, like the chinese, we can stirfry the finely shredded cabbage, carrot, and capsicum, with a little bit of coriander as onions are not allowed on that day, and make a manchurian kozhakattai which is known as dimsim in chinese.today's paper also has come out with the idli manchurian which i had posted here long back...sunkan

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sunkan for the 'secret' behind the kozhukkattai maavu. Nice idea to add veggies to it. going to try some.
    Sriniketan

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

while the write up is on
    tugging with kozhukattai maavu
    what is this tugging
    in the family?
    too....?
    ingu veda shanthi combine
    giving a better version
    of tugging ...or hugging?

sathya

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

sure, hope i will also get a piece..sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sathya,
    varutha mave yennikavadu kindirukkiya for kozhakatte choppu, i went through that pavam amma she was always confused with karadaiyan and ganesha kozhakatte what to do, but got a dose from mamanar, yennavo avaloda style kathukka vendamo, as she sent a set of kozhakattai in the evening..so a memorable incidence that keep cropping up in mind during ganesha chathurthi...akka

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sathya,

I think the hugging comes after the tugging... Ava adikka, naan vanga... nan vanga aval adikka.... Always one way traffic.... But the only consolation is the hugging afterwards.:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

What to do.... Pray for me...:-D

Veda

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan, whenever you give new recepies to shan, always please remember the plight of 3 kids....(me,my daughter& son).... We are the gunnie pigs.... Already she reads a lot of cookery books/watches shows and in some cooking forums etc.etc. and brings out something something and forces us to eat.....

But she has one great admirer my son..... He enjoys differnt types and loves eating....

So...:mrgreen:

Veda

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear veda,
    do i take it as a compliment or?????????????//i leave it to you,
    i wont fall for this bait...sunkan

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Ofcourse it is a Compliment..... Come on.... How can I say different and how can u even think of....

On the lighter side of it..... The coffe and the cake is there pending.... so i cant afford to say -ive and loose it.... hahahahah...

Veda

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dear sunkan
    thanks so much. enjoyed it al lot. i did my kozhkattais today itself as my hubby is leaving for china and he loves this dish. thanks to chitvish i survived. but i have always done by this method mainly because i didnt know any other. my parents are from palghat too. i never entered the kitchen before marraige other than to eat. so what i know is thanks to inlaws. really enjoyed your style.