1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My first get together

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 22, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

This happened nearly a month after I got married.My husband was posted to a place called Shaktinagar 20kms from Raichur.Being the newly marrieds we were invited to a get together.I volunteered to cook 2 dishes (to show off my culinary talents)inspite of the host refusing.The day dawned fine and sunny.I finished cooking lunch and boiled potatoes (as I was supposed to make aloo patties and kheer)for the party.Normally water supply used to cut off for few hours everyday.When I finished my work I found there was no water.At time ,my husband's friend came running,stating that his wife was admitted to the hospital,as she had an abortion.So we quickly had lunch and we went with him.We returned only at 4 in the evening,after his relatives came.As soon as we opened the door and went into the hall,we found water water everywhere.In my hurry I forgot to close the tap.It overflowed everywhere.We cleaned and cleaned.Finally we finished that.Then I made patties nearly 60 of them and the kheer.We reached the party at 9 pm.We enjoyed it.My what day it was...............

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

kanaka
    your first gettogether seems unforgetable to you . well you both cleaned together and also finished cooking. good job.
    regards
    anandchitra