1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Favourite Book

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by kanaka, Jan 7, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

The Second Sex by Simon de Beauvoir. A book written dispassionately by a lady. Analyses a woman biologically psychologically and socially. Her Marxian interpretation of woman is superb. The most authoritative book on Feminism.( A good match to Jean Paul Satre). I liked her analsis of how women were subjugated and suppressed in western europe.
    But in India men too has equally contributed for women Emancipation for which she has applauded the Indian mental frame.:coffee:coffeekanaka

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kanaka,

Books...my favourite friends....give me books, and leave me alone in a island...can still be engaged...will never feel bored....too voracious for my own benefit..(don't want to talk about my glasses....bonkbonk)

Have too many favourite books...but the one that really helps me when i am in need of is...Autobiography of an yogi....I was introduced to this book by my brother in law and hubby..now it is one of those books that all of us have individual copies......not to miss bhagawad gita as it is......

3. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends

Have anyone of you read the book "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus"

Try this book

Its toooooooooo good.:clap:clap

with luv
    rathisrini