1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Family is Safe! Forget Bomb Blast!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Dec 2, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Dear AC Sweety,

Compassion has to groomed by humans, what am I going to leave behind when I depart from this world, blogs, writings and my words and actions which is going to be quoted, read and remembered.

The money and assets that I have would be grabbed and distributed later forgotten!

Thanks dearie for blogging with me.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,

We have gone beyond being just members of IL. Yours sms and chat messages did not make me feel alone even for a minute.

Your concern for a friend whom you have never met needs to be given a standing ovation!

Yes, even you were jumping from mobile, to comp, to tv, to mobile along with me. The distance did not matter at all.

I thank IL for giving me a gem of a friend!

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Ankie,

We are peas of the same pod!

I too shed bucket of tears and finished nearly a packet of tissues wiping them.

The walls of my house were echoing with my slogans Bharat Mata Ki Jai, Vande Mataram, We will get you, guys, We will get you; Ek Bhi Bachke nikalna nahin chahiye.

I stood in front of the television whenever they showed the bodies of the slain commondo and the other leaders Karkare, Salaskar and Kamte and saluted them saying, "Yeh Hindustan Hamara Hain, aap ka balidan hamare pe karz hain, Humme Hindustan ko in dushmanon ke nok se bachana hain".

None of the dear were part of my family or relatives or friends.

Ankie, I cannot be selfish!

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I lost my father when I was in my teens and my mother when I had passed that stage and was a fully grown woman, but I wept like a child and called myself an orphan million teams sitting near her dead body.

When I looked at "Moshe" I felt helpless, he was searching for those two faces with whom he was comfortable, happy and sound! He does not know, he will never see them.

I turned back and prayed to God, to give Moshe a good upbringing and not turn him in to a revengeful gun-toting terrorist set to take revenge of his parents.

I also thanked God, for letting me enjoy the comfort and love of my mother.

Vande Mataram!

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I have never missed my office due to any bandhs, morchas, etc..

I somehow manage to swipe my card in office and reach back home safely.

God, has some other plans for me, that is why he has kept me alive.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mindi,

I too was not surprised at her attitude as I found many like her when I reached office.

They were some who were only worried about their safety on their way back home and nothing beyond it!

Thanks for being here.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

You too seem to be a soft cat like me!

I did not blink my eyes, sleep was never in my thoughts nor did my body ask for it!

Only when I heard the cry of a bird, I realised it was 5 in the morning and to be frank, if i was still studying I would have watched the news round the clock.

My duty was beckoning me and I had to forcibly hit the sack, to gather momentum for the next day!

Thanks Aishu for being here.

8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Malsy dear,

Who but you alone can do all that you have done here at IL in the days and nights of terror that we all went through .For those of us safe in our homes you made us paifully aware that we are so fortunate not to face the
    horror that the victims of the Mumbai bomb blasts did and hence must awaken from our complacency and shed tears for our fellowbeings and raise our hands in prayers for the carnage to stop and good sense to prevail.You made us ponder about the future of our country by spurring many of us to take part in discussions which enlightened those of us who felt deeply about the tragedy but were dazed to respond.Most of all your blogs have rekindled the patriotism that we all have lying
    dormant in our hearts and you succeeded in helping us salute the brave shaheeds who fell before the bullets in their attempts to ensure our safety.Your blogs definitely belong to the class of the "Golden Immortals" and ofcourse will be enshrined as such by all your readers.

9. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear mals

I can understand your emotions and feelings exactly.....when the mumbai terror attack happened i was shuttling between channels and just praying that there shudnt be more dead boddies lying like tht in taj as they were sanitizing the hotel.....i do not know how people can easily say that my family is safe so why should i bother about whats happening to others in the world ??? It s very sad that tht baby moshe has met with such a grief in his childhood but am sure God would keep him secure with his Grandparents..

My heart goes out to those who lost their lives in this most unmeaningful terror attack !!!

lov
    sowmi

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Pauli,

When I started the thread, I did not expect the blood bath to last more than an hour or two! Mumbai has never faced such a severe terror attack from the time I am born!

The blood bath continued for 3 long nights and my work trailed with it.

It was definitely not easy for me to keep my viewers updated, by sitting upright the whole night and posting the happenings, by grabbing news from the rest room of the office (where the TV is placed) and quietly or rather secretly informing my friends about the happenings.

My family was safe and sound, I had no worry, my friends had hit the sack, but my family does not end with the two poles mentioned here. The world is my family as God is my original father, my creator!

Thanks dearie for taking time to blog with me.