My European Trip - Vani

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by vani, Feb 11, 2006.

1. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Last December, myself and my husband went on a trip to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Italy</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Austria</st1:place></st1:country-region>. It was one of the best times in our lives as couples. I would love to share my travel experiences with this wonderful community here.

My main objective with this thread is to make it interesting for you all to read, not to boringly document everything we did during our travel. Please private message me if I am screwing up on delivering to this expectation.

Feel free to post your comments and share similar experiences of yours as we move along. I will post a new message every saturday.

Happy reading!

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

woo, that would be great...

Dear Vani,

I've visited Austria - vienna, Salzburg..... such romantic places. its a paradise.
    have visited Italy - rome, vatican, naples, island capri, etc.
    I'm eager to read your posts. would like to relive those moments.
    I do watch Globe Trekker regularly and Just yesterday Southern Italy featured in that prog and was so delighted to watch Rome, Vatican, naples, etc.

would luv to read travel related posts and appreciate ur initiative.
    all the very best dear and here I'll be waiting to read ur posts without fail.

3. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Robert Frost all the way!

Hi Vani,

Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that's what has made all the difference-by Robert Frost is what I keep quoting in all my emails to all the people I know, for it is one of the few verses of the lovely poems I was fascinated to read at school!

Never been to the Europe...we do plan to do a trip for abt a fortnight later this year, so your experiences and suggestions would sure be a great help!

Love-
    Shalini

4. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Love to have company!

Meena, you have visited some of the places that I have. Love to see that I have company here. So, please brush up your memory to share your experiences along with me :)

5. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Great timing

Shal, just married and no kids? Wonderful time to be visiting Europe, particularly the places I went. Will definitely add a lot of tips that can spice up your trip!

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Welcome

Dear Vani,
    I am a travel freak but not lucky enough like you people out there is the US who get chances to visit many places. Actually I wanted to marry somebody who was on the run (transfer) but I am struck here in Chennai. Atleast I have made my hubby realise the joy of travelling and I am able to travel inside India. I have visited Andamans, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Punjab etc. I have also visited some places in South India. I pray that my son is able to take me to all the exotic locations what I would like to see.
    In the meanwhile, I shall satisfy my urge by reading your posts. Please do post you travel adventures.
    All the best.
    varloo

7. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Meena and Vani u gals r just the people I am looking for. We plan to visit Italy, Switzerland and France this summer,I haven't been to Europe in the past twenty yrs or so. Everything must be so different now.

did u go with thomas Cook?? That's who we have gone with. Did u have a language problem in Italy?? I am a veggie... would that be a problem????Do reply.

8. tanudas71

tanudas71 New IL'ite

Yup Vani,
    Iwas there in a place called Ljubljana for 3 months,and visited some spectacular places during my stay.what struck me the most was the beauty and charm of Europe...so different from USA or Asia.I particularly loved Milan,Munich,Bruges,Vienna ,and Venice.We went to Laussane too and stayed in a place called Thonone La Bains near Evian.
    The trip was worth every cent!