1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Encounters With God!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 28, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Muzna for coming in. When I see you coming into any of my blogs I always lift my collars in pride. For unless the material is spiritual and is of good quality you wont step in.

You are right. writing for kids is very difficult. I am working on something for that. Even my publisher is urging me to write some stories for the kids. I am still thinking...

Thanks for your congratulatory message, Muzna. I hope to write better blogs in 2011 so that I can make you visit my blog every time.

regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear darshanma,

thanks for coming in. I am really happy to know that you got the Consulate post and also a son as well. God is great.

Now that we all have what we wanted it's high time we surrender at His lotus feet wanting nothing but His feet and saying nothing but His name, doing nothing but singing his glory.
    That would be the goal of this human existence.

thanks once again,
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks Jaya. I am really happy that with this post of mine I was able to kindle others' memories about God. And every post is enlightening. Some of them are better than the leader post.
    thanks for coming in, jaya.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Shail,
    thanks for adding one more dimension to the word.
    You are right. It may take a million life times before we are capable of surrendering to Him.
    But there's nothing we can work at. He has to work, Shail.
    Whether we should do something or not has been a great point of discussion in Vaishnavism. In fact it split vertically in the middle because of this argument.
    thanks for illuminating the meaning.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Hello Shobha,
    Thanks for coming in and thanks for the enquiry.
    I am doing fine.
    The book has come out and I have posted the video links for the entire function in IL and facebook.

I have quite a lot of instances where my prayers have been denied and that turned out to be a greater blessing.

But they are so many that I can write a whole book on them.

Will try to sample a few from that area as well.

love,
    sridhar uncle

6. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Dear Mr Varalotti
    I was so surprised and very happy to find people same like me looking for signboards and signals from god in day to day life.
    Till today nobody knows my habit of looking for signals from god, because I consider myself that I am obsessed in such things.
    When I was in school, at home We have a calender with Lord Muruga in it. I use to read his face everyday for Positive or negative reply from him. I always have a habit of looking at him every time I am doing something If he is Happy or u can say smiling ( is a Green signal for me), and When is not having that same expression it is red signal for anything I do. But I cannot tell this to anybody because may be people will think I am mad. For me it works out 100% true. There are many many incidents like yours where I get right answer from him at right time which has given me peace of mind many many many times I can give a big list.
    I was surprised and very happy that I am not alone, when I read yours and others incidents.
    I remember u have written about the Guardian angels it is very true and I believe that I am surrounded by angels sent by God to protect me and he is always with me.
    Thanks for the nice write up.
    sumisen

7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar Sir,

This post is very touching... I am truly agree with you... There were instances where I felt that God listens to my prayer and thats what taking me in difficult times...

Vinayagar is my favourite God and I believe that if I leave a problem with Him, he will do the best for me. My job, My marriage etc - I didnt ask Him what I want - Instead I always prayed "You know what will be best for me. I will accept whatever you give".

There was one incident when I was in 5th standard. I never parted with my mom. During that annual leave my aunt convinced my mom to leave me and my bro with them for a week or so... We were living in coimbatore and my aunt's place is in a village near Palani. Initially with excitement we both went to my aunt's home. The 2nd day I missed my mom so much. I didn't cry because, my bro was all happy I dont want him to be upset too.. That evening my aunt took us for a movie to Palani. I didnt enjoy the movie at all, but the whole time i was chanting "Vinayaga, naanga veettukku porappa amma irukkanum" without a minute gap. There were no phones at that time so I couldnt call my mom too...

When we reached home in the night, My MOM was there... waiting for us... I cant express how i felt at that moment... She missed us too, so she came to take us back to home...

Even now I was thankful that Vinayagar listened to my prayer didn't think that as a silly one...

Very sorry for the long post.. but I couldnt
    control my excitement and felt the urge to share the incident here...

Another wonderful post from you Sir!!

ILT

8. varalotti

Dear Sumisen,
    It was a touching post, your looking for signals in Lord Muruga's face.
    Once I too had the practice of seeing the colour of flowers on Lord Ganesh in a road-side temple. If it's green then it is affirmative. If red, negative. And I added one more clause, if its white or any other colour, God is saying, 'No, I can't give you a signal now.
    And it worked most of the time.

Honestly it's not wrong to look for signals from God so long as we do not make His existence dependent on the signals.

Our relationship with God is more like the relationship we share with our beloved.

If you observe lovers, or a couple who are newly married they will have a lot of secret code words. but as they grow old, there wont be need for any signals. As soon as they see the face they'll know.

After a while we accept whatever He gives. Then we tend to love Him without caring for the signals. That's the ultimate stage of love.

Rest assured Sumi you are not alone. A lot of us are with you in this.

Yes, I do believe in guardian angels who are there to protect us 24 by 7.
    Thanks for coming in, Sumi and sharing your experiences.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear ILT,

You need not feel sorry for the long post. In fact you made us all very happy with your post and with that beautiful incident.

There's a saying in spirituality, that if you genuinely need something and in that process you do not intend to hurt others then the whole Universe (I mean God) conspires to rush that thing to your lap.

And this is not theory, ILT. This is something I have personally experienced it.

If I am alive today and writing for you all it's all because of His love and His caring. At a later time I will continue with this Encounters with God. Some of them are too intense to be shared here.

Thanks for coming in and thanks for sharing that beautiful incident with us.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Regards to you.. :hatsoff
    Actually your blog on your encounters with God has inspired me to talk about the force that's stood with me in good stead, never allowing me to :drowning during a crisis.

Whenever I've been at the cross--roads of my life,I could sense this force following me with a 'Passionate sense of Curiosity'!
    Actually I really don't know at which point / phase of my life 'SHE' came in....kind of it's been a vibration of sorts. After the doldrums that I encountered in my life, I happened to stumble upon HER..and then onwards there's been no looking back. I actually look upon HER as a 'Soulmate'!
    And I'm sure that aura of Divinity will surround me, empower me and stay with me, come what may.
    That force I'm raving about is none other than my 'Driving--Force Goddess Saraswathi.Bow

[​IMG]

Thanx for giving me the opportunity to talk about 'HER' 'coz it was ur blog that is my starting point to write about 'HER'!!!!
    And I'm sure I would continue indulging in this 'Heavenly pursuit'.

Sarasvadivu.