1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Encounters With God!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 28, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Encounters With God

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir:)

A wonderful blog as usual !!!!!!:cheers
    Laughed a lot reading "But I have never seen anybody crying on seeing payasam.”"

God helps us for sure when we call him with utmost faith.

Many a times tears swell in my eyes when something i had prayed for becomes a reality. Kids make fun of me for that but i just smile with tears in my eyes.

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir,

I think now i will have to ban your blogs also from my "can read in office" list. I eyes are welling with tears reading the post and also the poem. this is the first time i am reading it..... sir He loves us to no end and we are so selfish that we make deals with him everytime we need something!! I pray that he blesses mankind to love him back at least with 1% of the sincerity that he does. i say that he should bless us to make us love him because i fully believe that avvan innri oor anuvum asayathu..... may he bless us all.

Akila

4. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

kaalangaarthaala enna aza vachiteengallae?...:rantnalla irunga..

It was very touching and I am now really stunned. The poem was just fantastic sir, no words and believe me it sounded like it came straight from MY heart. Yeah my heart.(Oh..please I am no poet, I am just saying about the thoughts).

Not a day goes by without me wondering 'how the hell do I deserve this wonderful life?'
    good family, upbringing, too good husband, divine kids and a fantastically beautiful and colorful world filled with friends and not a single micro level of negativity in my life.

Why the hell does a selfish,lying,bad,stupid, and the world's worst lazy bum like me would deserve the world's best everything when some really wonderful people whom I meet in my life have not got the fraction of my good life?

What do the people in Iraq and palestine and our beloved srilanka do, to deserve the fate that was thrust upon them?

So many unanswered questions but i got a pacifying answer from the book 'the tales from the secret annexe'

Sir! like you I too have had many encounters with god. With your permission I will relate one of them here.

From a very small age I felt that god was a closer entity, not someone who is to be locked in a closed wall temple at night but kept in our hearts all the time. I hate going to temples for the fear of alienating the god with the image I have in my heart.

1. I was 14 and it was one of those days when I had my """""". It was a day my dad had chosen to adorn our goddess in our family temple with the new silver kavasam. I love her with all my heart and i wanted to see her smile in her new attire but i was not supposed to go inside the temple. I was crying inside (velila gilli thaan)and scolded her like(i always speak to her like my friend)she had selected a day to celebrate her b'day when i was not around.

I was angry and was waiting outside the temple while my whole family was inside. They did the pooja and it was time to take the silver kavasam for procession, my family went about carrying each piece in their hands. I was looking at them with such jealous. Suddenly the pujari called me.

"come here, you have to carry the milk pot."
    "But I..."someone pushed me from behind and the milk pot was placed in my hand. I was speechless but went in the procession nevertheless. Anyways I am not going to go inside the temple I thought.

But no, they pushed me inside though i threw some serious looks at my mom who knew it but couldn't do anything at that moment.

There was no space to stand in the temple.Taking that as an excuse i started to move out, stealing a last glance at the freshly bathed kamakshi.she smiled at me.I frowned and turned back when the pujari called me again.

He called me and told me to sit in front of the karpagraha..just feets away from her. With thumbing heart I went in and sat. I was feeling shy to thank her for her benevolence, she gave another surprise.

The kavasam was adorned and the temple bell rung several times.

The pujari called me again.

"come and do the abishek"

"what me?"

"You are a young girl like herself, it will be apt come on"he said.

This was new to all of us. I mean there were tens of others elders like my dad who had sponsored the kavasam for an instance and many others older than my grandfather, there was my mother who spends all her life in the pooja room. But he called ME.

I went in and with shaking hands poured the milk over her. The bell was rung and everyone shouted 'OM SHAKTI' and she simply smiled at me..Naughty girl..I cried and cried and let my tears do the abishekam as well.But they were tears of atmost joy..

This is just one example sir, I have a lot more..

Even now I have a habit of getting her blessings and permissions in some trying times. I would just go for a drive and pray for her to show me a sign.
    I would get sign just as I asked, in the form of verses written behind an auto, a name board in a shop or a billboard ad.. something..but there definitely will be an answer..until this very moment.
    Poeple would think it as childish, why even I think it silly with my science heart.

But who cares about what cured the ailment if it is healed alright.:)

Sorry for such a long reply but thanx for giving me a chance to take this out in public.Even my hubbie doesn't know abut this and my weird habit of talking through name boards and bill boards.

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunitha,

thanks a lot. God is much more than that. He helps us even if we forget to call him. I can tell you a dozen dangers from which I was saved and about which I came to know only much later.

If only we understand even 0.01% of His love we should be crying all the time. 24 by 7 without any break. God has made us a little forgetful so that we can carry on with our work.

It's a pleasure to be made fun of when we are shedding tears on His account.

Thanks for being the first to comment, Sunitha.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Very touching Sir. I could also relate to your feeling while reading it. I would like to share one small moment that came to my mind immediately.

A very close friend of mine had put maalai for Ayeppa. So I too stopped taking non-veg during that time. One day I happened to go out with my family to a movie. Then we planned to go home and cook. But somehow it got very late, so all had decided to go to some hotel. I tried to convince them saying lets go to some veg hotel. But no one listened (ours is a pure non-veg family :) ) Since I have ulcer, I cant be without eating also. This was supposed to be a viratham and I did not want to fool myself. Even if I eat veg, it would still be prepared in a non-veg hotel. I was really getting anxious. I prayed to Ayeppa, please forgive me God.

We went to a couple of hotels and nowhere they had lunch. It was pretty late. Finally we went to a hotel where we have never gone before. My cousin went inside to check if they have food. After few minutes he came out and said "They have food, but it is a veg hotel. Is it OK for you?"

I was so happy that day, Ayeppa answered my prayer. Sorry if the reply had gone too long.

7. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I am really touched Malar. God only wants our love, nothing else right...

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear iswarya devi :)and iniyamalar:)

Could feel the chill while reading your experiences.

Thanks for sharing !!!!!!!!

9. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

What better way to share with all of us the fact that the Almighty always hears. It's us who either don't pray with conviction/devotion or don't want to accept His/ Her existence.

Man's arrogance has already made him a beggar in the literal sense as well as in the sense of the emotions of the heart. We are starved of generosity, love, respect and affection only because we are not humble ourselves.

All we got to do is call out to God from the depth of our souls and He/She will respond.

Thank you Sridhar for this simple yet, inspiring write-up.
    God Bless.
    Shail

10. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Though I have read the poem and the first episode of food being brought by your uncle, in your earlier God series blog, the last one was new to me. But any how, enjoyed reading it again and it really touched my heart.

Malar,

that was one really moving episode and very well narrated.