My Dream Now…❤️

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Feb 11, 2024.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

when I was in my teens..I used
    To be so crazy about the latest trends,beauty and be popular and show off etc etc..I have to admit the scene was the same even till my thirties:) I also was part of groups I couldn’t gel,I was doing things which didn’t align with my liking..

However.. it brought me nothing but stress and lots it.

I feel i have changed a lot.I rarely go to beauty parlors coz I don’t feel that’s a dire need and I can groom myself at home.I even use only eyebrow remover pen to clear up..

With dressing..I very rarely buy unless it’s a need.I have clothes even though years old
    And I still use it.

Even for home..only the basics I buy. Whatever is needed.

Vacations..no more bucket list.I really don’t want to visit those exotic places.I just want warm beaches or the mountains.Me and hubby are like that.

maybe one greed I still have (visit Italy to taste their pasta and pizza..to all the friends who have visited Italy..is it super super tasty?)

Anyways...don’t get me wrong..am
    No kanjoos but I feel I am not into consumerism anymore. Just lost interest.

Am only 43..if that’s not too old:)

In my last job whatever I earned..half off it I gave it to some trust and remaining some
    Savings and it is still in the bank.

My only dream is to go back to my hometown back in India..live there in sunshine and visit temples.The kodai hills which always touches my soul..want to keep visiting that.Basic food and simple life..

I only stress myself to have bigger dreams now..but I just don’t have any more
    Ambitions anymore..I don’t have it in me anymore.

I am a lot into minimalism for the past couple years and maybe this mindset..I don’t know..

why this thread..

just jotting randomly how I feel.

a casual thread..

gamma50g and Anisu like this.

2. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

@anika987 I get you. Its been the same for me. I have never been a part of any group, visited very few places even within US, visited beauty parlors maybe 5 or 6 times in past 12 years. I stopped coloring my hair, doing my eyebrows. I dont recall when was the last time I got any facial done.

I have so much going on in my life right now that I have lost interest to travel anywhere. I buy only boring groceries for home or things for kids. I rarely buy something for myself unless it broke and I need a replacement.

I tried to get into skincare a few months ago but ended up with breakouts so stopped. So no interest there either.

I am sick of eating out and watching movies. Since Dec end I almost exclusively eat only home cooked meals.

I don't know what to do to relax, enjoy life and take my mind off things...I don't know what I like any more..

I wish I could say my dream is also to go back to my Mumbai and visit my temples every evening like I used to when I was a kid with my mom. However, without my mom even my hometown isnt the same.

I dream of being truly happy, peaceful and contented some day and for my life circumstances to change. Hope it comes true... No amount of money or power can buy me that. Its so elusive. Yet its the only thing I crave.

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Gamma..the intention of my thread is contentment..I am actually way happier in life being the above:) My anxieties and fears of life lessened once I know my core values and what truly resonates with me.I am also trying to be flexible and adapt and practice a lot of gratitude.

Life is not the same for anyone and we all have our problems and pluses.However..finding happiness in the moment and in every little thing will build up and one can be blissful even without traveling or going out.

Happiness is all in the mind..
    Never in the external factors.

we can create our own happiness..

Today we are alive and have a roof over the head and food to eat.

seeing the bright side:) we cannot control our circumstances but we are in control of ourself.We can change our perspective and how we see things.

God bless and sharing Happiness and lots of it with you all:)

gamma50g likes this.
  4. SriVen

SriVen Silver IL'ite

I'm going through a similar phase, not really into anything. No specific goals, just trying to meet my kids' material needs. I'm not even sure if I'm fulfilling their emotional needs.

anika987 likes this.
  5. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

Should appreciate! Working after a long gap, not being sure if (or when) you would work, but still giving half to some trust is simply GREAT!

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Totally resonate..beautifully said..I can feel your pain when u said “I am not even sure if I am fulfilling their emotional needs”..

Sometimes even I feel that way..whether I am a Good mom and if I am doing the right thing..
    No matter what I do..sometimes feels it isn’t enough..

SriVen likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you..I don’t need the money coz am content with what I have..not coz am super rich or anything:)

I feel atleast in some ways I get some “punya” and negate the bad deeds I could have done plus it’s fulfilling to know money is put into good use..

8. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Italy is very overrated. Their pizza pasta was not that different. I like only few places in Italy like Capri, Sorento. Other places were disappointing for me because of hype people created. It was expensive also.

anika987 likes this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My fav is Olive Garden..how does Italy food compare to that?

10. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

For me more than journey or destination, company is most important. If you have good company you will enjoy journey and destination both. I have travelled around the world so now I don't have so much attraction of any particular place. I love natural scenic beauty more than historic places so Switzerland is my most favorite. Italy food is good but we get same in USA also in good Italian restaurants. go in good weather wherever you are travelling. e.g. Italy in peak summer is very hot. But Switzerland is good only in peak summer. So plan accordingly.

anika987 likes this.