1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dream Is My Signature

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sindmani, Jul 4, 2017.

1. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

100% true

sindmani likes this.
  2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

in india it seems uncommon, as people are judged/respected by what they do, where from they are, which caste/religion they are from, how much they earn or possess and many other social evils.

have come across in several other nationalities where the wife is well employed while the hubby isn't and is just a carpenter, plumber or electrician. but they are happily married and living a decent life.

here when men are expected to be better off than the woman by men and women alike as the society goes, how would this change??? on a similar note women is being respected for what she earns/position.

if it needs to change, both men and women need to see how as partners they would get along with mutual credibility trust and love and the basic financial stability for the must haves and not the like to haves.

sindmani likes this.
  3. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

36 Vaidhinile is one of my favorite films. I never thought about this angle in the film (I am such a dumb). I only thought it to be a good film on women empowerment, importance of dreaming etc. etc. I always wanted to be an entrepreneur (at least an owner of a small business) and after watching this film I got so motivated and even told my fiance that when we will get married I will also grow vegetables on the terrace like Jyothika and sell them to our neighbors. But now I realized.
    Dear Sindmani you really have enlightened me. I will think about this matter and answer you tomorrow. Ok!!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    sindmani likes this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

May be true. But experiences to me itself was different in my different working stages.

5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True

GoogleGlass likes this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Dignity of labor is a very alien concept in India and some parts of the world. An individual's qualification and occupation becomes his identity and what determines if he/she is worthy of respect or not. Unfortunately , I don't foresee any change in this attitude , atleast not amongst Indians .
    What really matters is that one has a feeling of self worth , irrespective of whether one is working or a housewife.
    Isn't it ?

Umanga and sindmani like this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Self worth is important . true that it only matters , not what others think , what we think about ourselves is important. But When a woman's husband or children themselves don't value a woman's work at home or a job she does in office (not in all families there are exceptions) then where is the world moving to.

8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

@sindmani I doubt such a husband would respect his wife even if she was working.

sindmani likes this.
  9. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Dignity of labour is the most underrated subject in our society. Yes, like PushpavalliSrinivasan said it all depends upon individual perception but unless one is empathetic one cannot understand the fact that no work is below dignity. ​

sindmani likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Want to be an entrepreneur or growing vegetables on terrace isn't a bad idea. What do you realize now?

sindmani likes this.