1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Diary-2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila mam,

You made me to visualise all the scenes, with your excellent narration.
    Pillayarappa did not want you to carry him in the waist but he wanted you to carry five beautiful grand children.:) He is very kind mam, isnt he?

When will you come back to your house in ECR mam? If you would have stayed in that house by now, I would have visited you in this weekend itself, after all we are staying near sholinganallur. You tempted me to visit your house with your description:biglaugh

Whenver I hear MS mam's voice , this thought flashes in my mind.

Like they say "thiruvasagathirku urugadhaar oru vasakathakum urugaar", I would always feel
    MS amma vin geethathirku mayangadhaar veru edharkum mayangaar"
    :cheers

2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Kamla,

So wonderul of you to read this post and give your lovely comment.
    I just love that song,"Katrinile varum geetham".The soulful music and M.S.Amma's mesmerising voice and the unforgettable lyric makes this an immortal song.Diehard romantic that Iam, I like to listen to this song ,sometimes ,again and again.When I come to this line,"nillamal andha nilavinil thendral ulavididum nadhikaraiyil ,neela niraththu bhalagan oruvan kuzhal oodhi nindran",tears would well in my eyes,to me that bhalagan was standing on a seashore.Great song and miine was a wonderful experience.I have one more ungorgettable moment with this song.Once vaidehi had come to chennai,her birthday was celebrated by us in chennai.We bought her a saree etc,but I wanted to give her my own gift.I called her to my room,closed the doors and told her "Vaidehi,Iam going to give you a surprise gift,you would not have imagined this gift from me."
    She looked at me questioningly.I made sure that the room door and even the windows were closed,cleared my throat and sang this song,"katrinile varum geetam".Kamla,I must tell you that I enjoy good music,even carnatic music,but I just can't and don't sing.Iam not even a bathroom singer.I sing only when the mixie is on.So when I sang that song vaidehi was stunned,she had tears in her eyes and she thanked me profusely for that gift.

Living in the beautiful house of ours was a great experience for me and my DH.

love
    mithila

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  3. mithila kannan

My dear Aarbee,
    Felt very happy to receive your excellent feed back.
    Dear child,if Iam fortunate enough to travel all the way to chennai,my dear,I would definitely let you know so that we can meet.
    M.S.Amma was a divine soul.
    love
    mithila

4. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Mithila Mom:

After reading your post, I just felt "what a noble soul you are" to get benign dreams, to dream of nature, grandchildren, and Vinayagar!! Your world is full of love that reflects in your dreams also!! Even praying to have your grandchildren, how benevolently you put your thoughts across to God Vinayaga!!

Regarding your love for nature, I almost experienced the freshness of the trees reading your narration!! With my work, kid, and house-hold chores, am hardly getting any me-time. It made me remember the famous poem "Leisure" by William Davies

What is this life if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.
    No time to stand beneath the boughs
    And stare as long as sheep or cows.
    No time to see, when woods we pass,
    Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
    No time to see, in broad daylight,
    Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
    And watch her feet, how they can dance.
    No time to wait till her mouth can
    Enrich that smile her eyes began.
    A poor life this if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare. - William Henry Davies

Waiting for your other entries, maybe it will give me a hint on how to live the life to the fullest :)!!

With Love
    Janani Natarajan

5. mithila kannan

My dear dear janani,
    I have no words to thank you for your kind words.I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    It was wonderful on your part to give me that poem by William Henry Davies.
    Yes,God has hidden beauty in nature,in bushes,in flowering trees and in the grass as wll.Can there be a more beautiful sight than seeing a cow and its calf that it feeds.Can there be a more beautiful sight than seeing small chicks and sparrows hurriely pecking on the grains.
    In our day to day life, full of hurries and worries we fail to stand and enjoy those priceless beautiful moments
    janani ne beautiful sight that I enjoyed wtching is still etched in my memory.We were in hyderabad and my dh used to take us with him in his car,when he went on tour.We had travelled a lot in ANdhra Pradesh.Many a times,paticulaly in Rajamundry,in the evening hours ,when we crossed fields,I used to wtch the ladies who worked in the fields going back home.They ould have washed their fades,applied powder,plaited their long hair and would have kept lot of jasmine in them.Each would be carrying a tiffin carier with her.I don't know why,this scene appealed to me and I have not forgotten their sweet smiles and chatter among themselves.
    thank you,janani.
    love
    mithila

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mithila,
    Diary-2, is full of trees and dreams...
    Nice to know your dream came true in many instances, about lot of trees, wherever you are..
    Sure you dream of your grandchildren worshipping Pillaiyar, will definitely come true and you would be assisting them too! :thumbsup

sriniketan

7. mithila kannan

My dear sri,
    Thank you for your kind words and your good wishes.I have seen one thing though,when we dont ask for anything,God gives us unimaginbale things.
    love
    mithila