1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My depression disappears!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jun 26, 2010.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear shabd,
    Thank you for the fb.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Your quotation says it all.
    love
    mithila

2. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Dear Maami, it is really sweet that you were still able to enjoy the little beauties in life when you were down with the blues. I guess your post gives us a valuable lesson gently reminding us not to be bogged down by our own troubles when there are less fortunate around us. On reading your post, I was reminded of lines from an old Tamil classic "mayakkama kalakkama"- my hubby's favourite and hence mine as well lately :)

"Unakkum keezhe ullavar kodi
    Ninaithu paarthu nimadhi naadu"

I am not sure if I am allowed to post external links from IL, but if you are able to access this, hope you enjoy the song even if the video is pretty bad
    YouTube - oluvil minnal songs7 mayakama thayakama

Thanks for your lovely post Maami,
    Sujatha

3. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Dear Maami, it is really sweet that you were still able to enjoy the little beauties in life when you were down with the blues. I guess your post gives us a valuable lesson gently reminding us not to be bogged down by our own troubles when there are less fortunate around us. On reading your post, I was reminded of lines from an old Tamil classic "mayakkama kalakkama"- my hubby's favourite and hence mine as well lately :)

"Unakkum keezhe ullavar kodi
    Ninaithu paarthu nimadhi naadu"

I am not sure if I am allowed to post external links from IL, but if you are able to access this, hope you enjoy the song even if the video is pretty bad
    YouTube - oluvil minnal songs7 mayakama thayakama

Thanks for your lovely post Maami,
    Sujatha

4. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Mithila madam

very truly narrated about the human tendency.... we wish for many things but when we see that other people are satisfied with much more less than us, we try to compare ourselves and feel better....

Sometimes, the happiness that they experience is the one which fascinates us....

5. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila Mam,

Another nice lesson of life you have imparted on us in a vividly visualised manner of your narration.

Thank you Mam, for reminding us of such little facts of life and enlightening us.

Please take care of your health.

Kind regards

6. mithila kannan

My dear sujatha,
    Thank you for that lovely fb.Thank you for giving me the link to the wonderful song,it is my favourite as well I have it saved in my desk top.

Oh yes,there are millions of people who are less fortunate but who have the ability to savour the pleasurable moments God has given them.
    love
    mithila

7. mithila kannan

My dear sandhya,

Sometimes, the happiness that they experience is the one which fascinates us....
    you said it.I have seen people who are not only satisfied with what they have ,which is nothing compared to what others have,but they are full of mirth.Once I went to a whole sale vegetable market and when I looked at the whole sale vendors and the coolies who bought in the sacks of vegetables joking with each other and generally having a eal nice time,I wondered,how can they be so happy with so less.Well it is their attitude towards life that made them happy.
    love
    mithila

8. mithila kannan

My dear kAlyanishAnthi,
    Thank you dear for your kind words.Iam happy that you liked the post.
    love
    mithila

9. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi mithila kannan maa
    very nice write up. i just visualised every bit of the post.
    its very true that we dont realise the gifts given by god and instead keep worrying about things:):):)

10. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

My dear Mithila mami,

How very true. Counting ones blessings and being happy! Your post is just right for me.

Only this morning during our walk I was complaining bitterly to my husband about the gardener not bringing soil, its time for repotting and with the rains its difficult to get soil etc, etc, etc and he told me ," Usha, you are making yourself unhappy for no reason while there is so much to be thankful for". Ofcourse I was even more unhappy by his comment and spoiled our whole morning walk sulking. At about 8.30am my maid came . She was late. Do you know why? Her thatch had got blown off in the wind and her neighbour ( as poor as her ) offered her family shelter and food for the night ! And she was so cheerful still inspite of it all.

I have never felt more ashamed of myself in my life - for being so grouchy for trivial reasons.

Love,
    Usha