1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dear GFs, Please Forgive Me! I Lied!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 25, 2008.

1. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    I was thrilled to know that the poem was written by you , my DH ! I second cheeniya sir’s words “ a profound and yet easily understandable poem” ! The rhyme & meaning of the words go hand in hand to make the work all the more perfect ! I’m very happy to read the fb’s of ur GFs ! Hope you are ready to accept the punishment given by ur GF srinikethan under GF’s law ! ! I liked srinivasan vanaja’s words describing you as a ‘ mischievous kid Krishna standing before mother yasodhaa ‘ ! What you have done is not ‘ chinnappillaithanam ‘ but ‘ chellappillaithanam ‘ ! Hope our GFs will agree with me !
    The line I liked the most was :

Very true !
    With love & best wishes ,
    Indhu.
    Dear Ilites ,
    My spl thanks to one & all who appreciated my husband for his poem !
    Dear Cheeniya sir ,
    My very spl thanks to you for having graced him with ur nice & hearty words of appreciation ! Ur thambi is really lucky to have ur affection as well as ur blessings !
    Dear Malathi ,
    The whole credit goes to you for having posted his poem in ur thread ! The efforts you took to keep up the secret was genuine ! Nice job – thanks to you , Malathi ! I agree with ur words in your reply to varalotti :

Love ,
    Indhu.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    this poem is to be memorized and recited everyday like a sloka. I am going to post it on my swami shelf to be reminded that He has given more than what I deserve or asked for. To me , God is the greatest teacher.

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

I read this poem as posted by Malathi and send her a FB to inform her friend that he /she is indeed very talented .Little did I know that this person was a personification of talent and epitome of excellent writings ,our very own Varalotti Sir. I truly enjoyed reading your this post as much as I do reading your other posts too!

I guess Sir the April Fool came about six days early.!!

Regards,
    Devika

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear GFs,

One of my other GF who is an acknowledged poet read the poem and praised it. She also suggested a small correction in the poem.

And these were her loving words:

pls don't think I am acting like a head weight Poetry Editor. My attempt is to chisel out the 'best poet' in you.

Now an informal 3rd Anniversary contest to you, GFs. I have already made the correction. Can any of you spot it?

love,

5. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

When I sent you a link for the poem posted by Malathi Jagan, you promptly visited there and posted your fb. And sent a pm to me praising the poem as it talks about "those things we have discussed earlier"

Then you sent a pm to me to tell me that I have been found out. Now this post.

What next! I am still wondering! Looking up to my Unjust God for some helpful clues!
    love,

6. varalotti

Dear Vanaja,
    That is really smart thinking. I have to confess once again that it never struck me.I saw Malathi's post telling all that she was going to nominate and your seconding it. But I never thought like what you did. Smart girl!

That is a statement borne out of affection. Now I have logically proved that this did not strike me at all

That was a beautiful statement, Vanaja. My wife was repeatedly praising this statement.
    Let me add my two cents to it. Krishnan had only one mother, I have close to 20,000. To stand before these 20000 wonderful mothers after doing some mischief, well, there goes another blessing conferred on me by His love and not by his sense of justice.

Again a lovable statement. Again I want to make a few changes. The God is our God. And remember Vanaja, God is our GF, the greatest GF, or should I say the BF, (best friend). We may or may not be GFs to Him.But he has always been our best friend, through the thick and thin of our lives.

regards,

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

You really deserve a great punishment to have lied to your GFs. !!

And the greatest punishment is we all will love you more & more for whatever you are more as a person first and then as a writer/poet. I have been telling you please do not have any doubts, the poem is really superb that too from a person like me who is totally a dumbo in case of poems. I just do not know to appreciate them or comprehend them but yours was truly very simple and dear to the heart.

Next to the punishment part............whenever you are in Bangalore or we in Madurai kindly have lunch/dinner with us...that is the greatest punishment you can have!!!!Harhar

PS: Iam reading the poem now only due to obvious reasons, you know....!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    Once long before someone had commented about writer Sujatha, that by mistake if Sujatha had sent his dhobi account, it would be also get published. So no wonder that you wanted to post your poem through your GFto get the FB straight from the heart. You had mentioned about the comments you received from your GFs, when you posted two of your poems in IL. Once bitten twice shy, has been proved from your case. Though I have no doubt about your writing capacity whether it is story, poem or middle, I won't blame you for your action. But I support our GF Sriniketan and you have to accept the punishment for your misdeed.
    Regards,
    PS

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Indhu,
    Thank you for having trust in me! The credit of the poem certainly goes to Sridhar! It was God who willed it this way and I obeyed His orders! I was a little worried if you would be upset when you come to know the truth. (It seems Sridhar had kept this a secret from you too for some time!)

I cannot defend myself if Sridhar comes out with some vidhandavadham for this! I will need Vidya to come to my rescue!
    Love and Regards,
    Malathi

10. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear BF,

That was a lovely prank u played on us....

Keep it up

Regards,

Corallux