1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dead Friend - Chapter 14

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by mehzabeen, Jul 22, 2013.

1. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Sanjay was holding Amit by the collar.
    "What do you mean by, you don't know", Sanjay said, "I want to meet Shweta right now".
    "But I don't know where she is", Amit replied.
    "You won't answer like this, but I have some tricks", Sanjay said pulling him out of the door.
    Sanjay took Amit with him to Police Station; I decided to talk to Shikha.
    "Sorry to ask you questions, in this situation, but it's very urgent", I said to a devastated Shikha, who was sitting like a statue on the couch, still not convinced what has happened since morning.
    She didn't reply anything.
    "Where is Shweta?", I asked, "You have any idea, anything which you can tell us"
    She shook his head in a gesture of 'No'.
    "I trust you", I said.
    "Ok, when did you last saw her", I asked again
    She didn't replied
    "Please Shikha, she might be in danger, you need to help me", I said.
    She nodded.
    "Then please tell me, where did you last saw her, or anything which you think might help", I asked.
    "I saw her last night before going to sleep, she was talking with Amit", she replied
    "What were they talking about?", I asked, "You know anything?"
    She again shook his head in 'No'.
    "They were quarreling on something", she said after a pause.
    "Quarreling on what?", I said.
    "I don't know", she said.
    "And you slept after it?", I asked, "Even when your husband & sister-in-law were fighting".
    She didn't responded
    "You are not helping, if anything happens to Shweta, then you will be responsible", I got up & started walking towards the door. As I reached the door, I touched the id-card of Shweta. A strange fear gripped me, but my sight fall on an object behind it in a small rack.
    It was a small bottle of medicines, I took it in my hand, 'Nyt**', I read the name.
    I turned towards her in amazement, "You are on Sleeping Pills?", I asked.
    She nodded.
    'So that's why, she is not knowing much', I thought.
    "One last question Shikha, was Shweta having an affair with someone?", I took my chance.
    For the first time in my entire conversation, she turned her face towards me.
    "Please", I said again.
    "I don't know, even if she had, I would have been the last person, she would have told, but I did saw her talking to Pankaj sometime", she replied
    "Thanks", I said as I left the flat.
    "What, he had a quarrel last night?" Sanjay asked on phone, "This Bas***d... is not ready to speak a single word, without his lawyer, he thinks he is in US", Sanjay continued as I heard a sound "Chatakk..", most probably of a slap.
    "Should I come over?" I asked.
    "If you want to, although you are not needed here, I can easily take care of him", Sanjay said.
    I decided on staying in the flat.
    'It's getting serious', I thought, 'What if Amit has actually nothing to do with this, maybe Shweta has run away with Pankaj'.
    'Maybe that's what has happened, this Pankaj is also a shady character', I thought as I called him again.
    "Still Not-Reachable", I said, "Where is he? Or had he changed her number?"
    'What if Shweta is actually in trouble', this thought troubled me.
    I started looking back into the papers.
    "Still no clue? Gosh, I am struck, that stupid spirit has given me these dead-ends", I said, "Instead of scaring me, he should try to help me by providing me some strong clues".
    'The main thing is his body, if he was killed inside the room, how was he taken outside', I thought, 'It would have been certainly tougher for one person to take his body out & that too without even getting noticed'.
    'It has to be a big package used for taking the body outside; and also the body would have been taken out with-in 24 hrs, or else the body would have started decomposing and whole building would have knew then'.
    'But how, if Varun was killed on that day, & Pankaj was not there then whoever killed him has taken his body with him', I paused for a minute, 'Or maybe Pankaj is involved too, he hid the body and claimed that Varun has not returned, they might have took his body outside in the night', I thought, 'That makes sense'.
    I started recalling last night's incidence.
    'Wait, he was trying to call me inside', I remembered her hand gesture, 'can it be that he was trying to show me something', I thought.
    "There is only one way to find out", I said.
    I started climbing the stairs to the third floor.
    "Don't worry its afternoon", I said to myself, "And I hope now I am in good terms with that Spirit", I tried to calm myself.
    The door was locked. 'I should take keys from Shikha', I thought as I move forward to 309.
    'CLICKKK..', I heard the same sound. I knew what it meant.
    I turned back to see the door was unlocked. With shivering hands I removed the lock & opened the latch.
    As soon as I opened the door, a strong gust of wind hurled on me, but soon the room was again normal, filled with usual Cold & dampness.
    I walked inside, but before going further in, I opened the latch of the door, so that it can't be closed. It was almost 2:00 in the afternoon, but the room was still having very less light. Actually I love to live in dark, and I only placed Papers on Windows on my first day.
    I switched on the lights, it didn't work. '****, this should be the last thing that could have happened', I thought.+
    I slowly walked in carefully observing any strange thing in the room, there was none.
    I then entered the second room, it was also empty.
    The last was the bathroom, I looked into it and it was also empty.
    "Nothing in here", I said as I started walking out.
    I was only in the middle of the first room. As the room started to fill with wind, cold, brutally cold, I was wearing a full-shirt & jeans along with sport shoes, but I was shivering, it was getting hard to take the final 3 steps.
    Something was stopping me. I felt my legs were getting heavy; I made an unsuccessful attempt to lift my legs. The wind was now all over me, the chill was making me hard to breathe, I sat down on my knees & looked around coughing, searching for the Spirit.
    "What do you want now, I am only trying to help you", I tried to speak further but choked.
    I was now coughing vigorously due to lack of breathing,
    I felt someone looking at me, I turned back there was no-one.
    As soon as I turn to my original position, I jumped; he was standing inches away from me.
    I fall back in shock, and I started crawling back with my hands.
    "I am helping you, but this time I need to help Shweta, she might be in danger", I shouted while crawling.
    I was almost in the second room, when I felt something sticky on my hand. I brought my hand closer to my face.
    "Blood", I screamed. As the wind and everything stop. Nobody was standing there.
    'Blood, from where is it coming', I stood up, 'He wanted to show me this, but where is the source', visibility was very less and every moment the lights were diminishing further, most probably because of cloudy weather.
    "Stop panicking Ankit", I said to myself.
    "I have seen everywhere there is nothing", I said again.
    I started tracing the blood with my hands; I finally reached near the kitchen slab, where a big pool of blood was there.
    'Tuppp...', I heard a drop crashing in the pool.
    I looked up; I realized where I forgot to look.
    'It's that void between the bathroom and roof ' (for the record my kitchen share the wall with bathroom). My heart was beating faster than ever. I climbed the slab knowing that I could regret this for rest of my life; I was praying that it's not what I somewhere inside feel it is.
    After that, everything happened very fast, I never knew when I lost my balance and fell after seeing the horrific scene.
    But only thing I remember was, I broke down in tears & cried for help, 'Somebody, Please help me. She is dying'...

10 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Story pacing on good speed. I'm like OMG at the end, didn't expected shewta there, thought may be something to related to the death of varun. You are taking it very well.

3. kk_karthi2000

kk_karthi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Wow! you have discovered a new way of communicating with spirit! Good keep it up! Eagerly waiting for next one!

4. Haya

Haya Gold IL'ite

very gud narration
    and u maintain the suspense very well
    eagerly waiting for the next episode :)

5. Jackrose

Jackrose Bronze IL'ite

OMG!!!!! Shwetha over there? I thought it might be something related to Varun.
    Awesome narration.

6. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

OMG.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shwetha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't expect this....

Good narration...!! Keep posting .....

7. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Eagerly waiting for the next one!!!

8. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

excellent narration..

i was feeling afraid on reading itself..

9. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Very good narration. I didn't expect Shwetha in that house.

10. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Good narration...
    Enjoyed reading your story very much...

Shanti