1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My daughter's "kurumbu"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shreyashreyas, Mar 11, 2010.

1. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sandhya,
    So sweet writeup. Hope shreya is a born genius. :thumbsup and naughty too. ;-). My hugs to shreya and shreyas.....:)

2. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Boring moment are when they are not around. when they go to school i find it difficult without them. now its ok but when they were in play school for 6 months they had classes from 9 to 12. They usually go by 9:15 and I used to wait at the school door by 11:45 itself.. their teacher used to make fun of me.

God bless your kids with all health. My kisses and wishes to both of them....

3. shreyashreyas

Padmini aunty soo cute, even i love the days when i used to take them for walking... We had taken the huge trolley so that both of them could fit. They both never used to sleep between 4 and 6. because they knew that if they sleep they would miss their walk. It was really fun when they were between the age 1 to 3. I loved that period, that was when they slowly learnt words and i was very happy to hear their words.

How old is your grand daughter. what is her name? Has she started talking....

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

Your children are already famous in our house from the time we read abt ur son's masti dialogues when ur DD was in toilet:biglaugh

U know my daughter loves ur kids especially ur son - she was trying to save their photos in our system - not ur avtar photo but the profile one. When she enlarged the size, the picture was blurred so she left it with disappointment. If u don't mind, u send me a recent jpg file of theirs. U know what even till this day she keeps telling me ennama enakku thambiye illai.

I would tell her inime appadi sollathedee. Idha kekkarava ellam ennai tease pannuva. My DHkku enna he would for fun sake tell naa ready neenga readyaa nu!!!! (Can u see me blushing?). So no doubt she likes Shreyas and wants his photo. Do u watch Airtel Supersinger Junior. She likes Rohan very much and will always say po maa. enakku mattum thambiye illa. Unakku thaan anna irukkane nu sonna thambi maadhiri varaadhu. Nee yen ennai mudhalil peththukkala?

When my son was small, some times to distract his attention from listening to us, if he misplaces something we used to tell him, sofakkadila irukka paaru onnoda bommai. he will come back saying no. OK fridgekkadila irukka paaru. Like this one by one, I would say inga paaru anga paaru nu. If he does not get it, innocently he will ask ippo entha kadeela paakkanam? Orey sirippu varum.

Then my daughter, when she had started talking (she started talking very fast), when she pisses on the floor, i would ask aaru moocha poanaa? She would reply Chuda !!!
    Chuda vai enna pannanam? Umma Maa achanam (meaning - sudha vai adikkanam)

And then when my hubby's uncle comes home - he would call Sudha a a a .... in one particular tone / tune. She would reply Enna a a a... in the same tune. Next he will change the tune like wise she will also reply in the same tune.

And both of them when they were 1 - 2 yrs. If they cry for anything, my husband had a trick, aaru konthaya azhavuduthara amma thaaney? they would say yes. This became a practice and every time when he says this they will get diverted and calm down.

Now this is getting too long. Let me give chance for others. I am leaving for the temple.
    After other fbs and ur replies, I shall come back. Will not leave u. Sandhya do I call this telepathy? I wanted to start the exact thread - then I thought ppl would think I am always starting threads only on kids. So gave up. Thanks for giving me a chance to write here.

Bi da. Awaiting the photograph. (Ayyo ippo naan unnayum konja aarambichuteney. Eashwara!!!!!)

5. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Sandhya

That is so cute of your daughter.You must be very busy with them.Do they quarel with each other or are they always friendly?
    Thanks for sharing this snippet from your life.

6. shreyashreyas

Hi Soldier, Neenga Da pottu koopidunga, rombha nalla feel pannren..... yenga appavum appadi thaan koopiduvaanga..... I have uploaded their photos in this website.... You can see their photos from their birth to recent deepavali.... after that i became very busy with IL so could not find time for that....

Shreyas
    Totsites -Shreya

7. shreyashreyas

Meenu, they always fight. but if i scold one person then both will come to beat me saying dont scold my sister or my brother....

Usually they are always together, but sometimes my daughter will leave son and go to nearby shops but my son will never step out without her..

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sandhya

Wow,that was so cute of yrou babies. No wonder all hospital staff were in awe of them.

Few days back here i read birth stories of them, i dont remember,whether i gave fb.

I know it is difficult to manage twins at very young age, feeding them alternatively.

I haveon 6 yr old daughter, and 3 year old son, he is also very very naughty.

He like his father very much, so when my DD says "Na amma toppailend poranden" He will immdly say "Na Appa toppailanda poranden":)

9. shreyashreyas

Thats so cute of your son. Both my son and daughter fight on this matter. Let me tell you a incidence...

One day very recently, we went to a park. There a pregnant lady had come for a walk. My daughter asked me why aunty is so fat than you, is she having stomach ache. For this, i said, aunty has a small baby in her stomach after some days the baby will come out. Till then my son who was silent asked, will aunty get one child or two or three

I said one. Then he said Me and shreya are twins then if i was in stoomach where was shreya, i said even she was in stomach. he replied... illa nee poi sollare. (you are lying) till date they never agree and now when this discussion come they tell me to put them both inside and show

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sandhya

Nice to hear the kurumbus of Shreya and Shreyas. Enjoyed reading them. When children are around you dont know how the time passes . But they are naughty it is difficult to control them. Now ad ays children dont get frightened with anything. If we shout they also shout us back.

Today morning only me and Gopika were at home. I had to do archana for Saibaba being Thursday today. Gopika was first like a good girl standing near me watching me doing he archana but later she started picking up the flowers so with her in my lap I did the pooja. Later in the afternoon when she came to the kitchen she took the flower and was putting on Saibaba. When I light the diya she wants me to carry her and light the diya. She understands everything now only. She has started saying Atha , I tell her say Amma , she will say atha that too loudly . When she has to be carried she will come and hold us tight so that we will carry her.

ok let me stop here

love
    viji