1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter- The most precious

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by meril, Nov 8, 2013.

1. geetashree

geetashree New IL'ite

Waiting eagerly for the next episode ...

meril likes this.
  2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hi Meril,
    Could we expect an update from you ?
    --PS

meril likes this.
  3. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious!

Reshmi headed to Ashvini’s room. Rohan was busily chit-chatting with her about his classmates and ignored Reshmi as she entered.

Ashvini was removing her ear rings while listening to his talks. “Rohan, you were here?” , asked Reshmi trying to get his attention.

He looks at her and ignores her once again. Ashvini smiles at Reshmi and engrosses herself in the talks.

“Rohan! Sita aunty had enquired about you, she said you didn’t even greet her this morning, is it so?”, asked Reshmi impatiently.

“I didn’t see her, mom.”, replied Rohan sounding annoyed.

“Okay.. now I want you to go meet her and talk to her, we might leave in a while.” ,said Reshmi trying to keep Rohan away from the conversation.

“I will talk to her when I get downstairs, let me talk to Ashvini Didi now,said Rohan. “Yes let him talk to me now!” supported Ashvini with an evil smile assuming Reshmi aunt’s intention.

“No, Rohan.. I want you to go now!” demanded Reshmi finally.

“Ohho, mom!! You are always like this!” said Rohan grabbing his Gameboy which was at rest and left with a grubby face.

As soon as he left Reshmi shut the door and turned to struggling to remove her necklace. Reshmi volunteered to help.

“How did you like Ashoke?”, Ashvini asked assuming Reshmi’s question.
    My opinion is not what matters here, it’s yours.

So you tell me, said Reshmi removing Ashvini’s necklace.

“Well.. I don’t understand how people evaluate a person in 10 mins time or so? But, all I can say is he seems to be nice, very ambition and zest towards life, and he didn’t have a problem in me studying further.

“Oh.. You asked him?” exclaimed Reshmi surprisingly.

“Who else would Reshmi aunt?” questioned Ashvini with her head bowed down. Reshmi aunt straightened her head by a touch on her chin.

I’m sorry for not asking him my child, said Reshmi aunt with teary eyes.

“Ahhh.. that’s alright Aunt, don’t’ act silly,” said Ashvini tapping on Reshmi’s head assuring that she is fine about it.

“Reshmi aunt smiled and giggled and teased her.
    “So you liked him?” Shall I tell Kumar Bhiya?

`Ahha.. So I assumed it right? Dad has send him secret agent to know my response.

“Haha.. no.. no.. He hasn’t. Why can’t I know ask you otherwise”, pretended Reshmi.

Shan knocked at the door which drew away their attention. He opened the door and asked, “Don’t we have to leave now Reshmi?

“Yeah, I will be down in a while”, said Reshmi.

Shan looked at Ashvini and said:Hope you liked the guy, looks like your dad is all excited, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has made all the arrangements by now.

Both of them giggled, while Reshmi aunt agreed with him.
    As Shan closed the door and left, Reshmi aunt said: “Gosh.. Bhiya is super-fast, if Ashoke was in a town, probably he would have got you married to him tomorrow.

“Very funny, auntie.. I don’t understand what’s the hurry?”, said Ashvini

To be continued..

Bhoonzee, SakinaN and Rampuri9 like this.
  4. Bhoonzee

Bhoonzee Gold IL'ite

Hi Meril,

Good going. Waiting for your udpates

Thanks

5. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter.. The most precious!

You know how your dad is. Reshmi shrugged off the talk and said: Okay.. I better leave now. I have got lots of chores remaining back home, I’m sure Rohan haven’t done his homework yet.

“See you later, let me know of the updates.” said Reshmi aunt.

Ashvini nodded her head and said: you are always in a hurry nothing surprising there. Please leave Rohan here for a while; I rarely get to talk to him. “He had so much to talk about; his life seems to be more happening than mine.” , said Ashvini.

“Don’t you worry girl, your life is going to get really happening soon.

Reshmi aunty, Shan and Rohan goes home.

The next day-Monday.

Kumar starts his day with a positive note, a feeling to get answer from Ashoke’s family soon. He didn’t want to keep looking at the phone which was in silent for long and decides to start off to work. “That would keep my thought away for a while”, he thought to himself and off he went to work.

Ashvini wakes up to see her dad nowhere around, she walks to the garden after calling out for her morning tea. Ashvini’s cell phone rings and displays the name “Rena.”

“Oh, Rena!”, exclaimed Ashvini with a pleasant smile.

Ashvini: Helloo!
    Rena: Helloo.. were you in your in sleep.

Ashvini: No, no..
    Rena: Oh.. you sound sleepy.

Ashvini: Oh yea,I have just got myself started.
    Rena: Oh.. Girl.. it’s almost 9!! Anyways.. Guess what? I have received a e-mail from the University stating that I have been short-listed for the admission!! I’m so happy and scared at the same time. I hope I get there, I haven’t even thought of other options seriously. If I don’t get in here, I would have to join some college nearby.

Ashvini smiled throughout the conversation as she could understand how happy Rena was by her voice.

Rena: Okay, now tell me.. What’s going on in your life?

Ashvini: Oh.. yeah.. My interview is done, am waiting for my result.. *Laughs abruptly loud*
    Rena: Ehh? Interview? Did you apply?

Ashvini: continues the laugh.
    Rena: When did you apply? Which university?

Ashvini: *Pauses to breath.. and laughs again*
    Rena: “Ohh.. Will you just shut up! And tell me what’s going on” yells Rena confused.

To be continued..

creativemumma and Rampuri9 like this.
  6. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious.

Ashvini. A guy had come to see me yesterday.
    Rena: What? Proposal?

Ashvini: ahha.. that’s right.. ,said Ashvini lifting a cup of tea stretched towards her.
    Rena: And.. and “sounding curious”

Ashvini: and.. yeah.. he is okay.
    Rena: Okay? What do you mean by he is okay? Tell me the details girl..

Ashvini told everything she knew about Ashoke, and that he seemed really nice and ambitious. She also said that he didn’t have a problem in her persuading her further studies.

Rena was tremendously happy for her, and asked “ How does he look?”

Ashvini thought for a moment and got a picture of his while he answered her question, whether she can study further, the smile on his face made her smile back then and while talking to Rena. Well.. she said again lagging the convocation.

“Yeah.. am waiting Ashvini”, said Rena.

“He looks good to me, he is tall, fit, wears eye-glasses.”, said Ashvini finally.

Rena was laughed while she spoke, “ohho.. someone is blushing, someone is blushing”

“Go girl, am not blushing”, said Ashvini shying away. She also added that the only problem seems to be his hair style, it’s combed in a very formal manner, am sure that’s what dad like about him the most.

“Hahah.. that’s okay you can comb his hair in any style you please after wedding”, said Rena.

Ashvini joined her laugh.

___

Shan opens the door to his house to hear Reshmi screeching at Rohan.

Rohan: 4 times 7 is 28 right? Then how did you get 24?! Whenever I ask you to practice your tables you keep saying you know it all and see what silly mistakes you make?

Now I want you to write the tables twice, quick.. quick.. take you rough book and start writing.

The voice got louder as Shan reached the dining hall where the voice came from.

Reshmi looks up at Shan with her eyebrows curled up and asks: Now what do you want?

Shan pulls the chair besides her and makes himself comfortable. Reshmi shares her sorrow at him, look at him Shan. The whole weekend I ask him to just read out the tables and he doesn’t bother and see he has made silly mistakes on his test paper.

That’s okay, he will learn once he writes the tables.
    “Rohan, write the tables twice”, instructs Shan faking an angry face.

“Shan.. you are the one who is spoiling him” confirms Reshmi.

“What me? I was asking him to write”, said Shan acting innocent.
    “Yeah right, you weren’t serious”, said Reshmi pulling back the chair to leave.

Shan holds her hand, and asks her to sit.

“Kumar Bhai had called me today”, he said.

To which Reshmi curiously asked: Why.. why did he call?

To be continued..

7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

He called me to say that Askoke parents’ gave him a call by noon today.

“And.. is his parents' okay with the proposal?” , asked Reshmi hoping the answer is yes.

“Yeah, they are fine with the proposal” , said Shan sounding uninteresting.

“Oh really?!!” exclaimed Reshmi sounding overjoyed.

“Of course Reshmi, what’s the big surprise there? Why wouldn’t they be happy with the proposal?” asked Shan.

“I don’t know, but I really wanted them to agree as Ashvini seemed to like the guy too. Moreover he doesn’t have an issue in her studying further which was her biggest worry”, said Reshmi.

“So when will they get married?”, asked a voice which was silent for long.
    “Not tomorrow anyways Rohan, you please continue writing", said Reshmi.

“Hmm.. the guy has left to States but his father has no objection in visiting their house in his absence” said Shan.

Shan continued, “The main reason for Bhai’s call was to inform us about their approval and to ask us if it would be fine for us to make it to Ashoke’s house along with him on Wednesday.”

“Wednesday?, Reshmi questioned.

“Yeah, they suggested Wednesday morning and he said he did check with us and let them know.

“If I need to make it on Wednesday, I would have to take a half day maybe” Reshmi said.“Why half day? Just don’t go for one day, big deal. Anyways, you are done with the busy month end”, said Shan.

Okay, so what about you Shan? Hmm.. well, I will come, I would have to right?

“Yes, of course assured Reshmi.”

“What about me? asked Rohan” to which Reshmi answered “you would go to school” without a second thought.

She turned towards Shan and asked: Will you be able to take a day off?

Why would I have to Reshmi, you are the one who would take time to dress up, I can come straight from office”, said Shan. Rohan made sure he responded with a giggle. Reshmi stated at him and reminded him to write down the tables quickly.

“Okay, whatever suits you best, Shan” agreed Reshmi.

Okay, so I will call up Bhai and ask if he could pick you on his way, and I will catch up with you guys at Askoke’s place.

“Yeah, that would be perfect. Make sure you reach on time Shan”, reminded Reshmi.

“Yeah, lets see.” said Shan, dialling Kumar’s number on his cell phone. He climbed the stairs to the master bedroom leaving the tutor and child alone.

Kumar and Ashvini were at home, in his office room. Kumar had informed Ashvini about Ashoke’s dad calling him and that they have no objections on the wedding. Ashvini replied with a smile.

She was delighted to see Kumar’s happy. Kumar felt he had to show her all the pictures of Ashoke’s on the matrimonial site, He opened his matrimonial profile on his laptop while his cell phone vibrated and beeped in his pocket. He stood up to grab his phone and murmured “It might be Shan.”

Kumar was glad to had guessed it right, ah, he look at Ashvini and said: Yeah, didn’t I tell you it would be him. He pushed his computer chair away, which made Ashvini move aside. Ashvini hasn't seen her dad this excited.

She later took his seat as he moved away from the laptop.

Kumar: Hello Shan.

Shan: Yeah, Bhai. I spoke to Reshmi, she could take a day off. She will come on Wednesday. Would you be able to come and pick her up?

Kumar: Yea, Shan. I will pick her up on my way. But then what about you? Wouldn’t you be coming?

Shan: Well, Bhai. I might be busy at work I wouldn’t be able to take a day off. Anyhow, I will try and make myself free for a couple of hours. –he said with no comprise on his ego.

To be continued.

Bhoonzee likes this.
  8. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Kumar excused himself to the balcony to continue the conversation. That would be great Shan, so I shall meet you on Wednesday.

Shan, if we make a discussion on the wedding dates, when do you think would be ideal?

Bhai, I think you need to discuss the dates with Ashvini, let her have her say.

Okay, then Shan, let Reshmi know that I did pick her up on my way.
    I will do that Bhiya said Shan before they hung up the line.

Meanwhile Ashvini quickly glanced through the Ashok’s profile and pictures. He looked stylish earlier and the previous hairstyle suited him better. She thought to herself.

Kumar peaked to see Ashvini glancing through Ashok’s pictures; he smiled and cleared his throat before entering the room.

Shan uncle and Reshmi aunt are fine to make it on Wednesday, let me call up Ashok’s dad he says and leave the room leaving her alone.

Ashvini browsed his entire profile for his personal cell number, the only number was a landline number which seemed to be his home landline number. He is in the States, what’s the point in having this number.

Ashvini wished to have a conversation with him, the first talk seemed too interesting. I’m sure I didn’t make a good first impression, but he swept me by the feet. “I hope I could talk to him and get to know him more before wedding”, she wished.

__

On Wednesday

Ashvini, calls up Shan:

Shan, Bhiya had called me, he said he will be here in half an hour.

Alright? Are you ready? Yes, I just have to wear my sandals and am all set to go.

Okay, that’s great, you were fast today”, said Shan. Shan, where are you, please make sure you leave early. I have a meeting in another 10 minutes and will leave after that.

Do you have to attend the meeting Shan?

To be continued.

VinuthaS, creativemumma and Rampuri9 like this.
  9. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

“Yeah, no worries. you get going I will be there.”, assures Shan. Kumar reaches Reshmi’s house and off they leave to meet Ashoke and his family.

Reshmi kept looking at her phone screen for any calls from Shan, Kumar sees her anxiety and asks “Hope Shan will make it in time?”

“Yes, he will.”, said Reshmi unsurely. Reshmi messages Shan in 20 minutes and found out he did leave in a while.

As Reshmi was about to leave a sigh of relief, the driver announced "after this turn, we would reach our destination."

Reshmi raised her head up to find a few ladies chattering by the path after their early morning chores as some others paused to watch an expensive car in their colony with curiosity. The eyes stared until it was out of their reach.

After a couple of twists and turns they stopped by a turn which difficult to take avoiding any scratches on the car's surface.

The unpaved path finally led them to Ashoke’s house. Reshmi read the house name to ensure.

Yes, guess we have reached. Reshmi search for her phone and called Shan once again before being asked to.

Shan answered and said: Yes, Reshmi I am on my way. I am driving and disconnected the line.

Reshmi turned towards Shan with a smile and said: “He is on his way Bhai”

Alright, then shall we enter?

Send Shan the driver’s number, so that he can direct him the way. Reshmi did as instructed.

They left the car outside the gate and Kumar slightly opened the gate. It was a calm pathway leading to the house entrance, the dog baked at them which caused an alarm and disturbed the peaceful atmosphere.

Ashoke’s dad stepped outside the door to see the guests scared. His friendly gesture calmed the lazy dog.

Ashoke’s dad welcomed them inside the hall and called out for the others, his mom and sister soon appeared with a smile welcoming them from their side.

They were soon seated on a black leather couch, with a coffee table at their reach. Ashoka's dad enquired whether they found it difficult to locate the house, to started off a conversation.

“No, it wasn’t”, they answered. Ashoke’s mom excused herself to the kitchen, followed by his sister.

Reshmi quickly let her eye catch the surrounding, she spotted a plastic flower vase placed on her left side, a TV which seemed like an old model, and the corridor where his mom and sister headed towards. She couldn't find anything catchy to the eyes.

Kumar enquired how Ashoke was doing and how is he finding the place? "Oh, Ashoke is fine, he said he would be fine to conduct the wedding soon after he lands," answered Ashoke's dad.

The conversation was directed towards the wedding discussion.

Reshmi couldn’t stop thinking of Shan and what would be taking him so long.

To be continued…

Rampuri9 and creativemumma like this.