1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My craze for Kurta and Pyjama

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 23, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I always used to like Kurta Pyjama but as I am from the time when only half sarees and sarees are worn by South Indians cant dream of wearing Kurta Pyjama. Even I have not worn Maxi earlier. When I was in teens used to wear half saree for sometime. Then started wearing sarees. In my office friends used to ask even while sleeping you wear saree, how do you manage. Atleast before marriage it is ok to wear kurta pyjama or Maxi but not after marriage that too in a family where in the beginning they were not so modern.

After marriage once I was caught in the rain and did not have umbrella so I was fully wet. That time one friend had a spare kurta pyjama in the office , so got a chance to wear it and my wish of wearing kurta pyjama got fulfilled.

Then again when I had undergone surgery for hipbone fracture , during physiotheraphy I was asked to wear kurta pyjama so that it will be easy to do the physiotheraphy. While I was in the hospital I used to wear Maxi. Now also my friends and my children tell me why dont you wear maxi in the night but I dont feel like wearing it.

If I was born in this age I might have worn kurta pyjama. Anyway my desire to wear it got fulfilled.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Aunty, even you can wear it now! Nice blog

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai ma,

Now also you can wear. You people had so many restrictions in olden age that is why you people were kept quiet giving respect to your elders. Anyway, I am so happy that your wish was fulfilled. I felt after reading this that i was listening from my mom. Lovely ma .
    Thanks for sharing. If i would have near to you i would have hugged and kissed you.

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, these days due to comfort sake people of your age wear it.

My periamma who will soon be touching 75 plus is wearing coz it is more comfortable. I think you should atleast keep one and during times of travelling in a busy bus or train in the wet season you should wear it and go ma.

5. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

yes vijima, as all others said, you can wear it now. Being in Mumbai, you have access to very good kurta materials. Please get them and fulfill your inner wish

6. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijima, that was such a cute post :)
    I loved reading it

7. Sundararajan

Sundararajan New IL'ite

don't worry about what others say. There is nothing wrong in wearing whatever we like.

Still it's not too late

Cheers

8. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Have you ever worn Kurta with trousers, or even jeans? They look lovely, yet are practical for work, running errands, relaxing over the weekend.

9. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji ma,

Nice to know about your interest for Kurta and Pyjamas. As everyone said...no age bar for this ma...you can even wear in this age...why dont you get one and wear it...and do not forget to take a snap in that and share us...very much eager

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, if you wish to wear kurta pyjama, wear it. Times have changed and I am sure no one will find it odd if you do now.