1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My car driving experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by hamsa23, Mar 25, 2010.

1. hamsa23

hamsa23 Senior IL'ite

This is my first snippet in IL
    After coming to US I never thought of learning a Car, coz bus stop is very near to my apartment, for shopping I used to go by bus, even my DH is happy that I was
    not disturbing him , I got Pregnant we shifted to another apt, and no public transportation and a week before my delivery DH got back sprain, he could not move an inch . I was so worried and asked my friends husband to help me to get some pain killers. another friend got massager and every thing went on well, then I realized how important car driving is. And 4 months after my delivery when My in-laws visited us I learnt driving , I was driving confidently but I failed behind the wheels test twice coz by backing up is really bad.
    It was mid of december when my little boy has to go for his third surgery, and we are prepared for that. to scatter the thoughts of surgery DH took us to an outlet mall on week end , next day is Sunday I wanted to visit My friend whose husband is off to India due ti H1 problems and she is all alone with her kid, I asked DH can I use the car he said yes , and my friend stays near by, My feelings are mixed joy coz my driving, fear that Cop may caught me :hide: , after crossing my apartment I noticed that tyre pressure is too low and I dare not to stop car by the side of road I some how reached my friend house I noticed that My car went flat tire, I called My husband he rushed with friends help, and called insurance guy, he came, he saw the car and said there is a security lock for wheels and security key is misplaced, then we realized that when we went for car service the service guy did not return the key he forgot to give.
    We returned home in friends car and my tension has raised , coz only 2 days to go for my sons surgery, DH cant not take off to office as he wants them after surgery.
    Monday my Husband went to office and asked tow the car to the car show room as they have a spare key , and asked me to go along with the car ,my MIL looked after my son a friend dropped me ,my husband was waiting for us and we were waiting for towing truck, he asked what happed to car my husband told him the status, he said normal tyre repair shop people can change it , we don't want to ignore his advise we said ok he took us to repair shop and they said they will do it, and my husband went to office as I assured him i 'll take care of car on a condition that he would drop me at home, they had fixed the spare tyre for then, spare tyre is for temporary purpose can not be used as regular tyre. They gave invoice for tyres, as ours is a four wheel all the four should be changed, i called my husband and said the same he said he was in meeting and asked me to take the car home .... I was so scared to touch the steering after the incident, but no other go, I went home thinking this is last time I'm driving .
    it was 5 in the evening,
    Next day DH went to office I gave him a deadly advice better to throw the flat tyre which is in car trunk and it is just additional weight to the spare tyre, he patted me and threw it in trash, during lunch hr he called me and asked my check whether the tyre in the trash or not, It was still there, he said bring it I yelled WHAT he said yes we need the steel part of the tyre , touch wood trash was not dirty DH placed it to the wall of trash, I brought the tyre , Dh left the car in colony tire and asked me to go there with a friend, I went there and sat there till tyres gets fixed I was so happy to see the car, next morning was my son's surgery, by the time every thing was done time was 6 pm, Dh said he will be late, he has to finish work as he will not be available for nxt few days, and I had to drive again, I remembered that No veggies at home and bought and drove ... even in the cold winter evening I was sweating what ever car may be if it has light M scared to death thinking its a cop car , some how i reached home thought never to touch steering, at 7:30 pm DH called and asked to bring the car as every one left office no one to give lift, again took the car and went to his office, I was scared to death when I saw the traffic signals from rear view mirror thinking its a cop car, I reached safely his office and firmly thought not to hold steering.
    Thank God every thing went on good, next morning we were on the way to hospital

I think God will give us extra strength when we are in troubles, if he could not find some one to send to us.

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear hamsa

It is a nice thread. It shows how situations makes one strong. Being there away from our country, you people are becoming more independent and strong. Unless you get the car driving license it is wrong to drive the car dear. You are driving perfectly but not legally. Every time we cannot escape from the cops. In case of emergency okay. But picking your husband from office and all can be avoided. Try again to get the license. All the best for that. By the way how was the surgery and how is your son now. Thanks for sharing your experience dear. Wish to hear more from you.

ganges

3. hamsa23

hamsa23 Senior IL'ite

Thankyou aunty for first fb, right from the day I did not dare to drive, My son is doing fine thakyou

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Hamsa, driving is a stressful experience. I just dont understand those who say they go for a drive to relax. Obviously someone else is behind the wheels and not they. I like a stress free experience, so I let my handle the car, whether it concerns, driving, servicing or repairs!

5. shazi1

shazi1 New IL'ite

bravo bravo bravoooooooo