1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Brother and I...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear uma,

a pleasure to see u here..first of all i just loved your signature...:)

u know when this post was reopened i just read the whole thing again and relived all those happy memories..your relationship too seems to be spiced up with a lot of fights haha..same here ...looks like u were dads pet too:)

thanks uma for stepping in here with your experience...do not forget to call and wish your brother:)

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello mindi

that was awonderful trip
    down brotherly lane
    enjoyed every line

sathya

3. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey Mindi!
    I have a kid sister and your post made me think of our relationship too. I have wished for a brother, but I am grateful to God for a very sweet sibling who is my friend today. Be it a brother or sister, a sibling is God's gift for sure.
    Shez 4 years younger than me, but I always feel she is more mature than me sometimes. We've had many fights too, I even remember once she saw Hindi movie fight scene and she tried to enact it out on me. She folded up her knee, screamed "dhishum dishum" and kicked my stomach with her knee. It dint hurt me much, but I pretended to fall down and fell with my face down. She stood still for a minute or two, then tried shaking me and calling 'Akka akka get up'. Finally she ran to my mom and said, 'Amma, I think Akka is dead!!"Big LaughBig Laughbecause thats what had happened in the movie.
    But over the years, she has been my friend and support always. Even two days back, I was a bit sad about something at home, and I called her up at 11 in the night and we spoke for about an hour.
    Your thread brought back all these memories for me too.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear sathya,

thanks for stepping in..yes ,it was truly a trip down brotherly lane:)

so glad that you enjoyed the post,

love
    Mindi

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  5. jaijui0

jaijui0 Senior IL'ite

mindi,
    cherish ur bro..its special to have that relationship
    i have boy cousins who I adored as a kid ..but now that they are married , they are so absorbed into their families that i feel ignored .sad na but Im not giving up lol!
    jaijui

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear syama,

good to see you here..

nice of you to share the experience with your sister...the incident u narrated is really funny...glad that you both still are very close to each other...

thanks for being here,syama..

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jj,
    i just came here after reading your satyabhama and still have a wide grin on my face..
    so, very nice to see you here.

yes i understand what you mean..same here with all cousins and especially the ones settled outside iNdia...luckily my bro has remained the same..touch wood...he is a real happy go lucky guy..anybody will like him..

thanks jj..yeah dont give up on those cousins of yours...lol