1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Blog -30 (Please help me plan my hubby's bday :))

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pragmatic, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

My hubby's birthday is approaching...It's on 18th of June... Falling on a weekday so can't have big outing plans for him yet I wish to make it special because officially it would be his first birthday with me post wedding.

I want to make it simple, romantic yet economic (Coz i don't work and i don't want to be a spendthrift on my hubby's wallet).

He is a regular lazy brat ;) interested in movies, TV, Internet, etc. Gifts for guys are so limited that I am completely muddled and don't have much choice except shirt/perfumes/wallet :crazy
    He doesn't hold specific interest as well ...yea yea he is a little boring chap but hey he's a darling sometimes :8)

so help me pleaseeeee with the gift selection :gift

Cheers
    Pragmatic

2. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey! I have some suggestions, hope they are useful.

A surprise private party at home could be a nice one. Just the two of you. You could get ribbons and baloons and decorate the house. Get a party cap for kids, and that whistle which has a feather at the end. Party sparklers which get thrown into the air at the twist of the handle is another interesting part of the list. All of these are not very expensive at all, and are available in fancy stores/ gift shops/ party shops.

Then plan out an elaborate menu with soup, starters, main course, deserts etc.

Buy/bake a nice cake and pipe out a nice message for him on it either using icing or jam or nuts etc.

Now to assemble all of this. When he is in the office, prepare all the dishes and arrange them on the table in your favourite vessels. Keep plates and glasses ready. The idea is you should not be busy cooking once he has arrived. Maybe reheating should be the only thing left.
    Next decorate the house with ribbons and baloons. Switch off tube lights and put lots of candles all over the house, so there is illumination. As soon as he enters the house, place the party hat on his head and blow the feather whistle:). Bring him the cake and while he cuts you could spray those glitters. Then sit down for a nice dinner of all his favourite dishes.

Do let us know how things go. :thumbsup

3. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

wow :) sounds amazing!
    thanks dear :)

4. Sonal3080

Sonal3080 New IL'ite

Hi Pragmatic.....you care about your hubby so much.....feels nice that you love him so much :).....Even I had tried to make my hubby's 1st b'day after marriage a special one.

I read your wonderful blogs often...Keep up the good work...Liked the blog "Happy to be a 'street smart' lady" a lot..I felt I was reading my own story:)!!!

5. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite