Must see attractions in Germany

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by McNair, Feb 22, 2016.

1. McNair

McNair Junior IL'ite

Hi friends, I thought it would a fun (and needless to say travel-inspiring) to have a list of all the 'top attractions to visit in Germany' in one place.

Please share the names of attractions/places/cities/neighbourhoods in Germany that you have visited and found to be amazingly great and think must be visited atleast once while one is in Germany.

And if you have heard about some places from your friends, please feel free to add them here. Who knows.. one of us might be inspired enough to make the trip and might turn out to be the best vacations ever!

2. reca

reca Silver IL'ite

Hello McNair,
    I live in Munich. Munich is the capital city of Bavaria State which is in Southeastern part of Germany. Munich is known for the world famous Oktoberfest:cheers, numerous Art museums, 'Deutsches Museum'- the world's largest science and Technology museum. Below are the places I have visited and found interesting.
    1. Marien platz - This is the heart of Munich. Where you can find the magnificent Neus Rathaus ( New town hall ) , Frauenkirche (Cathedral of Our Dear Lady- Landmark of Munich ),The kirche St.Peter,Viktulienmarkt ( the farmers markt where you find fresh fruits, vegs, exotic fruits from all around the world).
    2.Odeonsplatz - You find 'Theatine church', Feldherrnhalle ( A monument).
    3.Englischer Garten- A Large Public Park in the city centre.There is a beer Garten beside the Chinese tower.

4.Allianz Arena- Football Stadium of Munich. It is the first stadium in the world with color changing exteriors.
    5.Nymphenburg Palace
    6. BMW welt - BMW has its headquarters in Munich. Latest models of BMW are exhibited in BMW welt . BMW museum has historical car models .
    7.Olympia park- This was constructed for the 1972 summer olympics. Its Architecture is unique. It is Spider Web Inspired ! It looks beautiful from the hill top.
    8. Deutsches Museum - Science and Technology museum.
    9. Hellabrunn Zoo - Wide variety of Animal collection from around the world.
    10. Other beautiful places around Munich are Neuschwanstein Castle ( Must Visit ), Oberstdorf ( for skiing and hiking) .
    11. Ulm - Ulm münster- it is the tallest church in the world.
    I have visited Switzerland ( Zurich, Interlacken, Luzern and Bern ) ,France ( Strasbourg) , Austria ( Salzburg, Innsbruck and Vienna ) ,Czech Republic ( Prague ) and Hungary ( Dunakiliti ) .
    Travel is lots and loads of fun . I have enjoyed trips around these places a lot .

3. McNair

McNair Junior IL'ite

Wow!!!! That sounds really wonderful! A trip to Munich this summer (or Nov/Oct :cheers) has to be done, eh?!
    Thanks for sharing all the other places to visit......I hope to travel a lot.... afterall... Summer is coming!:clap

4. reca

reca Silver IL'ite

Have Fun travelling :thumbsup