Must Eats in Singara Chennai :-)

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Nandshyam, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Nandu and to all NRI'ssssss

welcome to singara chennai and i would like to add some more to the list........c already my mouth started watering......

Creamy Center - it is in nungambakkam..........near sterling road.......the road will be parked with car fully in the evening and if u c all the car's is for creamy center only...........

they r into very good items and their speciality is Sizzlers.........yummy it is.......

as Archana said Sanjeevanam is also the very best place...........

Mathsya in Burkit Road, t nagar.......they r also doing good..............kids can have a very good food, as not much spicy it will be.........for spicy lovers it won't suit..........

Enjoy eating while coming here.........

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Somebody pointed out "Kumarakom"..I would like to share my opinion about this restaurant..ofcourse taste differs :)

Good place for NV eaters, especially for seafood lovers

veg food'kaaga anga pona onnum perusa irukaadhu

Kerala aapam,puttu,kadalai curry and all you get in other speciality restaurants..so dont opt kumarakom for veg dishes..

If you are that specific about keralite specialities try "Thattukada"..good place for aapam,puttu,kadalai curry,pazham pori and few non-veg recipes :thumbsup

3. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

I would suggest Cascade for chinese food and barbeque nation for a wholesome buffet. These ate the best 2 restaurants I have ventured so far in Chennai.

Cascade is a 100% pakka Chinese restaurant and u get proper Chinese cuisine there. So the main course is either fried/rice/noodles and nothing else there. The sizzlers/starters r just awesome there...the fried ice creams....everything is too good.

Barbeque nation provides a wholesome buffet at a nominal price...the Pacific Blue drink is my favourite there.

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I agree with shubini..

Cascade is great for chinese recipes..The quantity is fully loaded..Big bet for gals :)..So we always go as a big gang and attack them..

By the way nandhu..never miss the "Choco Lava Cake" of Dominos Pizza...chance'ey illa....nijamavae choco lava dhaan:crazy:crazy

5. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Cindhuja,

By they way I had been to Adyar KFC today and the choco lava cake over there was even better than Dominos :)

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Do you get them in KFC's!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure a news to me..A branch is there in my office food court too..Will try it today :thumbsup

7. boppy

boppy Silver IL'ite

Hi NandhshyamIam attaching an excel file which has a list of eatouts in chennai(North indian south indian, fast food) with the phone numbers and average approx price.It has details which u want to know about chennai.Enjoy eating.
    Boppy

Attached Files:

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Good thread, but, can we complete all these restaurants in a month?? Looks like, everyone has to extend their vacation just to EAT FOOD!!

Yes, too tasted sarkarai pongal from murugan idly shop, awesome..

And, Nandu, you had mentioned about getting food from some Mami(dont get it), is it here in NJ and if so, can you provide her whereabout details other than her no. as it is not allowed?

Thanks.

9. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Cindhuja,

KFC had a different name for it..choco amor or something like that.

V had it hot and it was just melting in our mouth ...:)

10. Eswaram

Eswaram New IL'ite

Hi Nandhu,
    don't miss Karpagambal mess in Mylapore. though the place is really small and you need to be bit earlier, adai avial is super, coffee is still super...excellent food. should not miss.
    engalukkum serthu sappittu varavum :))
    aana veyil mattum neengale enjoy pannittu varavum please..:((