1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music Of The Heart

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Oct 29, 2017.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

I think we are lucky if we remember that we have so much to be grateful for. The other day we were telling each other that whenever we feel sad or feel dissatisfied with what comes our way in life, we should make a list of all that we have that fills us with gratitude.

When I read about all acts of violence happening in so many parts of the world, I am filled with gratitude that I am living in a place where the violent world seems far away. But along with this feeling, the thought keeps coming to mind that I should not be feeling grateful when people elsewhere are suffering so much. This is the dilemma that we face in different ways in our lives. The other day I had been to our hospital for the yearly checkup. There were so many patients from different parts of our state. Looking at them I felt that good health is our most precious possession. I was filled with gratitude that I was not part of the hospital world. Again, am I being very selfish? I don’t know.
    The ‘gratitude’ list is a long one. The minuses are really of no consequence when there is so much to be grateful for.

Gratitude is the music of the heart, when its chords are swept by the breeze of kindness. ~Author Unknown

Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Manipal lake 28th October (8).jpg

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,
    Aridhu aridhu manidarai pirathal aridhu, adhaninum aridhu goon, kurudu, sevidu pedu neengi, pirathal aridhu, nyanamum kalviyum nayathal aridhu, dhanamum dhanamum seivadharidhu.

To be born a human is most venerable; even more revered is to be born as a human without a hump on the back, blindness, deafness or sickness. Also rare is to have the free will to seek knowledge, to learn and to have the ability to do charity/help others.

When I read your post I just remembered this Avvaiyar's poem.

To be born as human is the greatest gift and we should be thankful to God for this.
    Helping people, Simple living and high thinking should be our motto.
    PS

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

I was forced to go to the hospital many times, due to my mother’s health problems. As she was admitted in the stroke ward, I had to see many senior citizens struggling hard with literally no help forthcoming from their near and dears. Daily I had to cross the emergency ward, where I would see, relatives of those patients, crying inconsolably. It was always with a heavy heart, I had to pull on through such scenes. Life is cruel many times and our only hope could be having faith in God!

Agatha83

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.