1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music my passion 7-Tamil Film Songs that struck a chord

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear rajmi,

If i had not stopped the list, how will get such good list of songs from the rest of you....Believe me I have a very long long list....

And I like all the songs you have listed.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

LM,

I think I have to discuss movie songs to keep your interest and make you comment...

You are welcome to the fast beat with my kids..

To tell you the truth, now i am going to go in search of some of the new songs you have listed...

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

Let us someday discuss those old songs...they are so meaningful and can keep us enthralled in a healthy discussion i suppose..

but please no satti suttadada....please..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

LM,

You enthu is infectious...maybe i have to start listing the next list soon....continue contributing your list....

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Janani,

Thank you so much. for the list....you have fine tuned into my way of listening to music..and most the songs you have listed are a favourite of mine too..grew up listening to them...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

manju,

Thanks for stepping in. and your list is good..to be honest i have to listen to 3 songs in your list i am not familiar...
    Nee partha paarvaikkoru nandri
    Nenjathile nee netru vanthai
    Uyirile yenathu uyirile

And I love the possesiveness expressed in a single line
    in the munbe vaa song...especially..naan saayum thozh mael veraarum saindhal thagumo...

7. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ma'am

Wow!! Are you preparing yourself to enter into my college! Good!Good! Hoping to see you soon there..

I think i have not heard some of the songs (five to be accurate) in your list n i thank ur sil here for not filling all the space all by herself!

I prefer melodies to peppy numbers. I love hearing to Ilayaraja sir's 80's n early 90's compositions during night time. This was the case sometime before but now irrespective of what time i hear i love melodies. Even yesterday when i was in college, i was hearing to some songs. (Now pls don’t start shooting questions at me...It was lunch break that time for us)..One side of the earphone was connected to my friend’s right ear n the other side to my left ear. And can you guess what was in front of us on the bench?? Some study materials was lying there. Internal tests are going on for us n we have test in the afternoon. If there is something I can predict in this world, it would be none other than my internal marks even before seeing the question paper! We had exam sorry test to say in our words from 2p.m to 4p.m. Around 1p.m my friend was desperately searching for something inside her bag. The thought that she might be in search of some study materials sent shock waves inside me but then quickly recovered from it seeing her hands lifting earphones from it. There she was, my friend! That moment, the slightest idea I had, to study something atleast during the last one hour vanished all of a sudden.. Usually I don’t sit n hear to all songs patiently. But think somehow even those RJ’s came to know that we had test. Melody songs were coming up one by one n we were enjoying hearing to them as if we never knew that there is something called internal tests in this world! Superb songs were played n when suddenly ‘amma yendrazhaikadha uyir illiyae’ song came up, my friend told me, “My amma comes in front of my face now. Shall we take our books in our hands at least now?” But by that time she finished her sentence, our sir entered with a bundle of question papers in his hand.Big Laugh
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I am sorry for deviating. This incident came to my mind as soon as I read the first few lines of your blog.
    Buddhiyulla manidharellam vetri kaanbadhillai
    Punnagai mannan poovizhi kannan rukmanikaga
    Kanna karumai nira kanna
    Maalai pozhithin mayakathilae naan
    Sonnadhu needhana
    Mayangugiral oru maadhu
    Kaadhotuthan naan paaduvaen
    Oru naal iravu pagal pol kanavu kanavinilae en thaai vandhaal
    Ammavum neeyae appavum neeyae

The list is endless when it comes to old songs..
    Idhu mounamana naeram ila manadhil
    Germaniyin senthaen malarae
    Idhazhil kadhai yezhudhum naeramidhu
    Paranthaalum vidamaataen
    Kannae kalai maanae
    Yedhedho yennam valarthaen
    Neeyoru kaadhal sangeetham
    Yenna saptham indha naeram
    Sippi irukuthu muthum irukuthu
    Andhi mazhai pozhigiradhu
    Manjal veyil maalai yidhae
    Kadothgaja kalaathara
    Unna vida indha olagathil osanthathu

Yeah..you guessed it right…My all time favourite hero’s songs..if i keep writing, then i will stop only when Dhasavadharam hit screens..

Raagangal pathinaaru uruvana varalaaru
    Kaatril endham geetham kaanatha onrai
    En vaanilae orae vennila
    Raja raja chozhan naan
    Idhayamae idhayamae un mounam ennai
    Chinna thaai aval
    Thoongatha vizhigal rendu
    Kalyana thaenila kaaichadha paal nila
    Veesum kaatruku poovai theriyadha
    Aha ohhh butterfly
    Oru poiyavadhu sol kannae un kaadhal naandhan endru
    Iru vizhi unadhu imaigalum unadhu kanavugal
    Venmathi venmathiyae nillu ne vaanathu
    Unnai ninaikavae nodigal podhumae
    Uruguthae maruguthae
    Munbae va en anbae va
    Ninaithu ninaithu paathal nerungi arugil
    Kajuraho kanavilor sirpam kannil midhakudhae
    Moongil kaadugalae vandu munagum
    Kaatrin mozhi

Shanthi ma’am Shanthi ma’am have you slept?? Ok ok get up…I will stop now.. I will go n :hide: before ur sil comes n comments about me filling up all the white spaces with black ink..
    Wouldn’t i be so mean if i step out without saying thanks to you for giving me an opportunity to write all this here n for reading all that i have written with patience? (???):thankyou2:
    And you please thank God for i have not listed some of the fast beats n other songs i like. I like to see fast beats mainly for the choreography n that too if I hear my favo heroine’s fast beat songs wherever i am i will go n sit in front of the television. ‘Aalthotta bhoopathi naanada’ is an ex. What a blog! It is not leaving me…Bow

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Meena,

Don't worry for the deviation. I am also guilty as charged, went back to great college days. only weakness was cricket. i was a back bencher most of the time. so one wire on the ear with the radio on and the boys asking for the score was a common scene at class..but the prof. and lecturers used to pop sudden questions and i used to escape answering them..so in the end they did not mind my listening to commentary once or twice...Big Laugh..
    now coming to your list, I would have really liked you to list your reason for liking the song...in yesteryears and also in today songs..and ofcourse you fav heroes song.... and i stilll have to hear many of the new songs listed...

I like the un samayal araiyil naan uppa sakkaraya...that is a nice song with a complementary lyrics.

there is one more song..an expression of love...don't remember the name of the movie...

Kavithaigal sollava, un peyar sollava
    rendumae onnuthan ...

9. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ma'am

Couldn't believe that you were a back bencher! But then being a back bencher n still answering questions even while listening to commentary is something great!

Coming to my liking for the songs i have listed...can u notice a major similarity among them all? Yes...the clarity in the lyrics n the fine tunes. I am very particular about the lyrics. It should be understandable by all, then what for it is written if the listener is not able to figure out the words of the song?

I saw Shivaji on the second day at Inox. I need not tell you about Inox. Its very decent, one cannot hear all those whistles n other sounds there. But inspite of the theater being silent i was not able to figure out the words of 'Orukudai sunlight orukudai moonlight' when i first heard it. Later that week when all the review shows on tv were talking about the make of 'oru kudai' then i realized these lyrics should belong to that song only. bonk

Un Samyalaraiyil n kavidhaigal sollava are my favos too..
    The latter one is from the movie 'Ullam kollai pogudhae'..

How did i miss to mention 'Vizhiyil vizhundhu idhayam nuzhaindhu kanavil kalandha uravae..Iravum pagalum urasikollum....'!!! The movie 'Kaadhal Oviyam' has got good songs in it..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

MEena Dear,

I was a back bencher, and being a back bencher suited me fine, no disturbance from the class.

I like the song you mentioned.it is good.

nowadays lot of movie songs, i don't know the lyrics..even after listening to a few times...what is it about the lyricist...???

lthanks for the movie names.. u are welcome to come back....