1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music\Dance class for 2 year old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by suma21, Sep 11, 2007.

1. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Hi Girls,

I am planning to put my daughter in pre-ballet class seeing her passion towards dance & music(Jersey City Dance Academy, 2 Year Olds).Not sure if she can learn anything at this early age but definetly her confidence level will increase...Earlier thought to put her for bharatnatyam but heard it not safe for young one atleast kid should be 3 years to start with...Experience mom please suggest your opinion ...what kind of music \dance classes may work for 2 year old?whether its good to start early or wait for one more year.....

Cheers
    Suma

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My first expression after reading your post was WHAT?. Though she has lots of interest it will be a pressure on her if you put so now. Wait for atleast another year and a half but still you could take her to the place where the dance is taking place and if she is really intersted and if she starts learning then talk with the master there and put her in. But personally and also medically it is not healthy to put in a dance class at such a tender age.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Suma,

hi just saw this post....

I was really shocked....first...what at 2 years..we are talking about dancing when the child learns to take confident steps ahead...no dance teacher/music teacher in the right mind takes students below the age of 4..that was the reply i got when i wanted to enrol my daughter for music at 3.5years..

IF you really feel she is very good...make her listen to music...encourage her attempts at singing...if she likes dancing..let her do it on freewill....:2thumbsup:

4. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.I know its too early but she is very passinate about music & dance.We have seen examples of 3 year old performing on stage..i am not forcing\hurring at all ..just want to know if she is really intrested & has natural talent why not nurture it.......?Tommorow i am attending a dance class designed for 2 year old kids,If she likes i will make her join else its ok.It is once a week class for 45 min.....i will update you on this..Excited to see my kiddo's reaction tommorow in the class..

Wish you all a avery Happy Gowri & Ganesha festival.

Thanks Again
    Suma

5. karthik2

karthik2 New IL'ite

Hi,

Can any one suggest if any one offering classess for Slokas or Dance like Salsa or Clasic.

thanks,
    VN