1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MUSIC ! and some nostalgia...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear TL,

GREAT to know that the post triggered off happy memories for you too.:)

The story attached to Kabutar ja ja ja.... was so kissable sweet ! Could almost hear that "frenzied high pitch" !!!

hahahha i have recorded that and now i laugh at myself.because i can hear myself more than her.

"AAj phir jeene ki tamannah hai " from the movie "Guide " My mother's most favourite song . Whenever we drove to Nandi Hills for an outing, Mother would sing during the journey and this song was always on the playlist.Its one song thats fairly bursting with joie de vivre .Years later, I saw the Movie on DVD and just fell in love with Waheeda. She embodied the song's inherent joy[/B].

How sweeet ! yesss, it was as if the song was made for her.:) btw I too have fond memories of family picnics in nandi hills .

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

my dear kamla,

absolutely loved your response...me too got carried away and then realized too late what a long post it was.:hide:

! Instead of typing, I wish I could sing you my feedback
    :

how i wish that too:)

WOW....what a list of lovely songs and sweet memories you too have ...thanks a million for sharing...just recalling them gives us a nice feeling,right?

[B]At my age, I guess I should feel appeased with Srichakraraja simhasaneswari.

whoever said so? :biglaugh:biglaugh

But I can't help if my heart jumps to the beats of chalen jaisen hawaayein, jiya dhadak dhadak, pachai kaatre and ofcourse, chiggy wiggy of Minogue fame![/B]

Now thats the spirit :thumbsup you sound just like me when you say that hahhah

Keep them coming Mindi...you do a great job:)

thanks and thanks dear ,it IS nice to hear that.:)

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi Shree,

so glad that you liked the post and that I took you down nostalgia lane too.:)

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear saikripa,

thanks for joining me here with your list of favourites.:)

how is your daughter? do keep the house lively with music so that she too develops a taste for it.

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,,

glad that you liked the post..hahha now you are a good combination..twenty years younger but with the wisdom of your age :thumbsup

Kate nahin katte, din ye raat eh ! I have never found a sexier song, or a herione, she just looked stunning and sexy.

so you too think the same as my hubby? hmmm so maybe it is a "men" thing because I am always like"yeah, she looks great but ithna kya hai isme" types

[

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi balajee,

good to see you here...and :cheers to our taste in music.

(He thought her Chakar Rakoji sounded like Sakkadai Nathame or the stink of the sewer.

Oh come on now,that is too much.:)I agree MS ,spb,yesudas all have an accent while singing in other languages but one can easily get immersed in their voice and bhakthi,no?:)

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi raji,

GOOD to see you here.:) thanks for joining me with your favourite memory. so did i take you back to the first time you sang for your dh ? and I bet you felt nice even thinking about it.:)

hey, nice to know you had your 500th post in my thread..hope you have a nice long fun time here in IL with all of us.:)

8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear mindi,
    Pavithra is fine...she loves music..when i switch on FM radio& she will jump& dance for the song....

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

I have come back again . It was nice to hear everyone's favourite songs. When I used to put my children to sleep I used to sing Neela vanna Kanna vada, so now both my daughters say because you used to sing that song both of us got Gopalakrishnan and Krishnan as our husbands.

Now for Pratima to eat and to put her to sleep they keep her in small joola and put songs in the lab top. Mostly they put the song lakdi ki katti, katti pe goda , watching that she eats nicely and goes of to sleep also. They put other songs also of Sai Bhajans etc. for which she dances. I was telling my daughter to teach Pratima dance at the age of 2 only. Her in law's are fun loving people and there are many in their house young and old who dance also . Sil's chithi's daughter's marriage talk is going on , so his chithi was saying you teach Pratima dance so that she can dance on my daughter's marriage day. During my daughter's marriage during nalangu everyone sang and also danced. It was really very enjoyable. Gopika too loves music.

Both my bhabies are great singers and also my brother and niece.

ok dear let me not bore you more there are so many occasions when we have enjoyed music , all old songs are a treat to the ears. The thing is now I cant recollect.

Enjoyed reading everyone's taste.

love
    viji

10. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

hi !
    some of ur favuorites r my favourite too.
    ankhiyon ke jharoke se and rekha"s movie ghar songs r all in my i pod. movie IZZAZAT songs r too my favourite,and true when we listen to old songs, we go into old sweet memories .