Muscat-Family visa versus work visa

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by ManjulaPed, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ManjulaPed

ManjulaPed New IL'ite

Hi,

I am currently working in Hyderabad in the Medical Transcription domain. I will be moving to Muscat in April 2014 along with my 12-year-old daughter. I would like to work in Muscat. Please advise me how to apply for a visa. Should I go in for family visa or work visa? What about my daughter? Can I work on a family visa? Should my husband sponsor me? My husband already moved to Muscat in September 2013 on a single status visa.

Thanks for all your help.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

In muscat rules are very strict. You cannot work in family visa. Also its not easy to get job.

3. ManjulaPed

ManjulaPed New IL'ite

Hi VaniVyas,
    I am planning to move to Muscat on a family visa. Can you guide me as to the process for looking for employment and shifting to a work visa.
    Thank you.

4. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Manjula,

You can get a work visa only if you get a job and the company has to apply for the same. And I should it is a bit difficult to find a job esp for the ladies. Again, it depends on your profession as well. It would be better if you come over here in family visa and start searching for a job.

All the best!!

Soumya