Murphy and me...errr...murphy's law and me

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dinny, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Imagine my plight when my colleague sent me that email back.I went bang bang on the wall :bang:

Glad that reading my blunders made your day....lol.
    Thanks for peeping in.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

what did they ask you? If I were them, I would have asked, "really?" and if you hadnt gotten the hint yet, you would have responded, "really".

lol dinny. Sorry to see you embarrassed but that was very funny :)

2 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hihihi....i luv your imagination Rakhii.:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Me too a victim of Murphy's law . While im driving in one lane thinking it will be slow moving and switch lane, the other lane starts moving and me stuck in traffic !! Same think happens at cash counters at stores. Why me??

1 person likes this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Ohhhh yes....i have also wondered why the line in which i stand moves the slowest.:-(
    murphyyyyy...where are you?? :evil:

6. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Dinzy... had a good laugh throughout .. :rotfl :rotfl

yea.. happens with me all the time..infact I have a huge list

I remember, whe I was in India.. train never came on the platform I used to stand. then if I used to run to the platform where trains were arriving quickly, trains used to stop coming and instead they used to arrive on the platform where I used to stand :bonk

Like your dress code incident, one happened with me too, but a little bit vice-versa. Recently there was a temple where Janmashtmi was going to be celebrated, I thought cool I can innaugrate my sareee now. I wore a heavy netted saree, with all the matching stuff and when I landed there, I was the only one who was heavily dressed and in a saree. Everyone had come in their simple avtar and salwar kurta. I was feeling so embarassed and ladies thought I was showing off :-(

many more to come dear.... nice thread :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Prettydee the train incudent was too funny :rotfl....i can imagine you running from one platform to the other...lol.

8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

this was hear say when I was at school:

on the same day there was a wedding of a friend and there was a death at a relatives place.

the man mistook the two places and I don't remember exactly if he went to the wedding first & searched for the dead body or went to the death place and searched for the groom :):):)

blame it on murphy - he got it wrong absolutely and am not sure if he was beaten up :):):)

1 person likes this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hihihi...GG
    i hope he's still alive :-D

1 person likes this.
  10. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

This was in grad school. My friend invited me for her graduation. It was the first 2 months abroad. I had no clue and thought it will be similar to India. I went in jeans, sneakers and jacket. OMG everyone came well dressed in formals. I was like an ostrich trying to hide its head in the ground below.:hide:

Another incident. It was university desi pub night. So we friends decided to go in dressy salwar and with good indian jewelry. But then it turned out to be like any pub people were all in torn mini micro dresses and we were the odd ones. :drowning I was glad that I had a company. I started talking with another friend when my friends disappeared and came in changed attire ie jeans and dress. I was again the bakra. :hide: