Muralitharan Bio Pic And The Storm In Tamil Nadu

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SGBV, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

In fact, we shouldn't blindly blame all TN politicians or cinema stars. It is rather the bankrupt politicians & stars who depend on SrIlankan diaspora for money/favor.

Including Srilanka for CAA will not benefit our diaspora. Hope you know the reason.
    Excluding them from Indian CAA strengthen their position in their country of asylum in the west.
    Not everyone flee the country owing to a well founded fear these days, especially a decade after the war. If so, they would flee to India, not to a western country which is far.

They flee for money, smuggling, business, mafia and the list is so big.

No TN politicians or Sri lankan diaspora support to the war victims. They dont support to the ex LTTE cadres who are now disabled & jobless.
    No supports to the young Tamil youth for their education or vocational training - which is a key for development.
    They dont even speak about the war crimes conducted by LTTE, especially forced recruitments & killings of their own people. Because their heart is not pure. Their target is not the poor suffering war victims.

Given their excessive concerns & love for Thamiz Ealam, they should have developed the "wanni region' (Former LTTE controlled area, alas Thamizh Ealam) to a Singapore by now. But " wanni" is the most poorest region in Sri Lanka. Except for Government & UN (Through NGOs) there is absolutely no support extended to these war affected people by anyone.

They left our issues to ourselves, but just took away our past for their 'selfish' political benefits.

That's why they glorify Prabhakaran as "Thesiya thalaivar" and keep on provoking young innocent Tamil youth towards another war. If we are on fire, they can have their chilled beer happily.

If not for the ignorant + innocent Tamils in TN who always act from their hearts (not from brain apparently), who will believe their crocodile tears???

As they say " ஊர் இரண்டு பட்டால் கூத்தாடிக்கு கொண்டாட்டம்"
    Roughly translated as " if there is a fight between two brothers, others will try to take advantage of it"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Minion likes this.
  2. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

You seem hellbent to taunt and trigger people using this thread,
    You claim your intention is "neutral", but you are very provocative under the garb of "frankness".
    Instead of treating this as a sensitive topic and being more measured (and can still be articulate while being measured) in your writing, your writing is getting more and more provocative.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I did not call everyone as ignorant or innocent here. I called those who continue to believe the "stories" staged by "some" politicians without cross checking the facts, just because the issue is sensitive and close to their heart.
    This is doing more harm than good to the people who live in those 'stories".

Pointing this out in a public forum may sound provocative. But I am sorry, this needs to be heard loud and clear.

For others, Sri Lankan war is like watching an IPL cricket match. You support, criticize, cry and show all your emotions, and the next day you move on to watch big boss. But for those living in the battle field, it is life.
    We will have our own reflections. Period.

4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

This is what many of us have been saying in our posts. Its seems as though the posts intention is for attention seeking and to mock others of their ignorance. To clarify my stand here No one hails ltte as saviours of thamizh ezham but their intention and reason behind demanding a separate land is justifiable. What they did to achieve that is something even tamilnadu people are against of excepting few political parties who have built their vote banks on prabhakaran. But even those parties aren't famous and are trolled badly in social media. But the mastermind behind the genocide is being hailed and is being called a trail blazer is something gut wrenching. Else wouldnt have even replied to this thread. Sgbv instigates people to respond and then establish that we don't deserve to interfere in matters pertaining to srilanka and we are none the wiser. It is almost as though she wants everyone to accept her views and people who don't do that shouldn't respond and if we kept reasoning g that we are fools. We feel deeply for the thamizh ezhams and what happened to them. But she is hell bent on painting us as those selfish politicians who are milking their plight.

chanchitra and Agathinai like this.
  5. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

OP is using this platform to make highly political statements in an insensitive way on a highly sensitive topic.

It has been pointed out this is a very sensitive topic but she continues to be brash and self-righteous, this amounts to taunting and provocating.

I hope Mods can do the needful @Cheeniya sir

chanchitra, Agathinai and stayblessed like this.
  6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I think both parties in this conversation should calm down!!

@SGBV , the Eezham issue, while is raked up by a few people like Seeman all the time, it hardly does anything for them politically. NTK which is Seeman's party keeps shouting about it at their political meetings, but it has hardly translated into votes for them or gives them any mileage in elections. The general Tamil Nadu electorate has several other priorities and the Eezham issue is really a non-issue.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I have already requested the mods to close this thread, as it has gotten diverted by a "few" people like seeman here as well.

I know Thamizh Eazham should not and can not be an issue for Tamil Nadu as they have gotten a lot on their plate already.
    Even this Muralitharan bio pic is not an issue for most cinema stars or people in TN, except a few bankrupt stars who seek attention by shouting their lungs out.
    Such people will bring Eazham issue into everything as they claim to feel deeply for Thamizh Eazham. But they do absolutely nothing to Eazham people except selling their problems.
    I pointed their double standards, which may seem provocative to them. I am sorry.

I know this is a sensitive topic, but all i wanted was to address to those 'few' in public with facts. Hope this thread was an entertainment to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.