Mt.Kailash and Manasarovar Yatra photoes

Discussion in 'Travel' started by tsseethalakshmi, Sep 29, 2007.

1. tsseethalakshmi

tsseethalakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Dear vidya,
    Thank you. 76 year old namboodiri was in our team.Next aged person is myself 65 years.Only will power is important to accept all inconvenients accured during the yatra. Every one can do Kailash yatra from Kadmandu.I will be happy if any one is beniffited by my report.
    tsseethalakshmi

2. tsseethalakshmi

Re: Mt.Kailash and Manasarovar Yatra Part III

That day was saturday,Maha Prathosham day.Very very auspicious day for Siva.
    All have holy bath in the manasarovar.We all brought pooja things including vilvum and thulasi dhalams.There were 2 namboodiries and one embranthiry in our team.All are authorised poojari of Kerala.Mrithunjayahoma,Rudhrabisheka,and pooja was performed.Night stay was in the mud rooms on the bank of manas.

Next day we went to astapath.Only eco trek specially arranged this trip.This is a holy place for jains also.It is said thst a jain sanyasi went to Kailas and afterwards not returned.From here the dharsan of mt.Kailash and mt.Nandhi [south face Dhashinamoorthy]is very near and clear.On that day very very clear dharsan we have as seen in the photo posted without any clouds.Most of the photes cliked by me except my appearance in the photo.This was all by his grace.'AVAN ARULALE AVAN THAZH VANAGGI' as per manickavasakar's words.
    All are very very happy.Night stay at Tarchen.From here also we can have clear dharsan of mt.Kailash and Mt.Nandhi.All passed through Yamadhwar.It is said the spiritual death of the soul.From here the circumbulation[kora or parikrama] of mt.Kailash begins for 3 day sand 2 nights.
    We can stay back for these period at Tarchen for those who were not joined in Kora.Kora can be done by walking or by horse.

Karaikkal ammayar from amoung 64 Nayanmar [siva bhakthas] took ELUMBU URUVAN [bone body] and went to Kailash by walking with her hands putting her legs up [Thalai Keezh} as she dare to touch the holy Kailash with her feet.

Night stay at Dirapuk after 7 to 8 hours walking.We will also have wonderful views of cascading creeks,streaming water falls and mighty northface[vadakumnathan].We can have dhrasan of north face very near and clear.The Mt.Kailash the icey dome stands atop amoung block pecks.

Next day is very important and hardest covering of25 Km. distance.Crossing Dolma La pass is extremely tough,here one must fully conscious about body's limited capacity, the feeble will power of the mind, the fixed Divine plan, the unyielding demands of the rough terrain.Before reaching Dolma la pass cloths should be droped by the pilgims as a spritual sign of death.This is 18600 ft.We will head down the steep trail and on the way down we can see the holiest GOWRIKUND where Gowri wife of lord Siva taking path.
    After walk through the pastoral green valley and streams and barren land, finally reached Ztul-puk Manastery camp. 8 to 9 hours walk. Night stay.

From Zutul_puk a 3 hours walk brings us to where the river emerges onto the Borkha plain.The parikrama coming to a close now.The land crusier waiting to take us to the Bank of Manasarovar, another side.We collected Manasarovar Theertham in a cane and small manasarovar stones which represent Sivalingams to give as presentation to our relatives and friends to keep in the pooja room as Kailashpathi.Night stay on the Bank in Mud rooms.

Here I express my sorrow because the banks of manas are full of canes,plastic bags, beer bottles.As the number of piligrims increasing, cleanliness of the holy place is decreasing. I saw a poster at Lipping cleaning drive of Himalaya.

Next day drove to Donga.The road follows the river Bhramaputhra. night stay.Next day drove to saga night stay.Next to Zhangmu night stay.Next day standing in the long queue for 4 hours for the clearance of chinese immegration.Drove to Katmandu nearing the chinese customs road full of Lorries,land cursiers very big trafic jam.We got down from our vehile and walked 3 to 4 Km to reach the lipping hotel.Nepalease coolies carried our hand luggages.In the beginning of the bridge done the chinese checking of passport.

One of the cooly absconed with one of our team member's back bag and holy water cane .Even though complaint was lodged to the police no trace of the cooly.After getting Nepale custom's seal we left from Lipping to Katmandu.The BhotyKosh,sunkoshi [same river's name in nepal side]river follows.Beautiful views of waterfalls,green mountains.Night stay at Katmandu.

Next day some of us performed Abhishega with the Manasarover Theertham to Lord Pasupathinath.
    All of us reacived Rudraksha Mala which was taken from the Moorthy of Pasupathinath.

Nextday we went to POKHARA, a small town.By the blessing of the nature the weather was clear.In the helicopter we went Mukthinath [Vaikundam}.We should claim the steps.We had breathing problem.
    There are 108 Theertham from Kandakhi river ice cold water.Two gents had bath.We springled water from every theertha and worshipped Lord Mukthinath.I collected the 108 theertham in a water bottle and took bath next morning in the Hotel.Night stay.

Next morning on the return trip to Katmandu went to Mankamna Devi temple by cable car passing many green mountains at Manakamana village.Thrilling experiance.Reached Katmandu Celebrating of successful trip with banquet.Night stay.

Next day morning we tried to Everest trip.Again due to bad weather and rain flight was cancelled.Returnted to Delhi. Next day other members went their destination.I stayed 10 days at Delhi to participate in my brother's death anniversary.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  3. tsseethalakshmi

Dear Vidya,
    Thank you for your reply.You can log on holyhimalaya.com and ecotreknepal.com Some mistake taken place I think.
    I wish you chances will come soon to full fill your Kailash trip with Ramji.

tsseethalakshmi

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Seethalakshmi

Thank you very much for your detailed description of Mansarovar. It is always my wish to visit there with my DH. You are indeed very blessed.

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Seethalakshmi maam,
    You are really blessed to have to take the yatra of Holy Mt. Kailash. Bless me too to go on for that yatra, for it is one of my childhood dreams. I have been longing to go there right from the age of 10 after hearing all the stories of Nayanmars from my grandfather. (Some might think I am bluffing, but it is the truth.) And when I ever I get a chance I try to get more info about the trip. I have been making note of the advertisements that the Indian government posts every year. But this is a very useful info you have given. Pls give the exact url as the link you have given is not working properly.

6. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Very interesting & informative post. somehow for the past 15days, i have been searching for such travelogues.

I really want to do this trip with my dh and dd. let us see when HE is going to invite us to see him.

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

You r blessed to visit the place and take the snaps
    we r blessed to visit this site and take a look at the pictures.

i really wanted to go there before i become old i keep saying this to my husband.
    the photo iteself is so amazing. it is really a lifetime opportunity. not many get this baagyam.

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

WOW what a beautiful place!!!
    I loved the lake picture very much.

9. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

lovely writeup and photos....definitely a lifetime experience :thumbsup

blessed you went for the holy trip....and made us also blessed by providing the pics atleast....:cheers

am very much happy that i joined IL...kudos to indusladies site :bowdown