1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mr. and mrs. crow and other crow stories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 18, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Very nice narration satchi. I too love crows.Every morning, my mom too keeps rice for the crow first.You can see them flying from nowhere on time everyday without fail.If on weekdays, its delayed, they'll start making sounds to feed them food.This has been going on for years.

I used to watch crows when we had study periods.Somedays its so boring to concentrate and I developed this habit of watching crows walking on the ground.U too should watch satchi. Its really funny to watch.That too when you watch from a certain distance, the way they move with their claws and the body comparatively so big can bring smile.

3. lollipop

lollipop Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Satchitananda for this write -up. Got curious to see the name of R.K. Laxman and so peeped into see what you have posted. I really enjoyed reading. Your style of writing and the attached pic really made me visualize the whole thing. :thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  4. satchitananda

thanks so much lollipop. and let me take this opportunity to tell you how much i love that avatar of yours. just can't take my eyes of it.

5. sanri

sanri Bronze IL'ite

..hmmm...here we see sparrows more....these days children are not interested in listening to sparrow crow stories....They like stories of Aliens or Power rangers...lols...I often find one Grandpa telling this kind of imaginary stories to his grandkids when i go for a walk....Time has changed a lot....

6. satchitananda

hi sanri,

thanks for the fb. true, that is a sign of the changing times, that is something we cannot stop or change. change alone is unchanging .

7. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchitananda:

I had already read it yesterday, but didn't respond because I felt too tired with this throat infection and feverishness refusing to leave me alone. But as soon as I sat down with the computer this morning, I remembered to search this post out and read again.

I loved this post. I loved it not merely because it told us a story about two birds that had decided to set up a family, but also because of the patience with which you kept watch over them. Their sentiments were marvellously captured, endowing them with human attributes. And then, you broke the spell and brought out the other side of the coin. Crows visiting your balcony and making you eat humble pie. The balance was superbly maintained. You mention Laxman, but your post had an aura that defied the great Laxman himself.

Kudos to you. Kudos to the other great at IL, viz. Cheeniya. I think if I follow people like you with concentration, I shall be able to achieve a goal worth my while.

Love and wishing great success in your writing career, journalistic as well as otherwise.

oj-da

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Dear OJ-da,

Thanks so much for reading this snippet. I am really touched by your kind words. I am not a journalist (though I do sometimes wish I was). Thanks for your good wishes for my writing. :)

9. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

let me start watching crows.. it is quite interesting... :)

10. satchitananda

Riya, please share any stories you observe. :)