Moving to Singapore? Housing/Utility/Transport/Cost of Living etc!

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by Vinodha, May 24, 2007.

1. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Re: Air fare to singapore

The latest deal - SQ ( singapore airways) is offering a two way air ticket to chennai for $550/- only ( inclusive of taxes) this offer is open till May 15th. For more information contact Singapore airlines office @ paragan building in orchard road or mustafa travels!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

Re: Air fare to singapore

I actually flew oneway by tigerairways and return via sq. paid about 8K rupees. The flight was great:). Half empty. So i could just put my leg up and sleep. The beauty about tigerairways is that you can book your ticket seats in advance. I have 2 boys, so its crucial to book the first seats with the leg room so that they don't go running anyware.

3. monikachawla

monikachawla New IL'ite

Settling Tips for new Singapore Residents

hello friends

how r u all

i need some information.....

we were in tokyo and 2 days back we moved here in singapore

we r looking for a house in semei,tempeng and bedok area.how can we search for a house and which agent we should contact?
    i m having 9 months baby -so anyone pls guide me from where i can get baby clothes and baby food products etc.?

any online grocery store ?

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Re: need some information

hi Monika...

have look who are the active members of il in singapore you can pm them for all your questions...and there is one mustafa shopping centre which is very popular you can go there for all indian items and other requirements too....hope you get some help very soon.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  5. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Monika,

Welcome to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region></st1:place>! Regarding Housing (rent), we all go through agents only.
    And in the daily Newspaper ' The Straits Times', you can find many housing agents
    Specialized in some areas. You can choose your agent & tell about your requirements.

Then, regarding the baby products & foods for a new comer to the <st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region> I would recommend Mustafa Centre in Little <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> & when you have settled down you can find many shops in your neighbourhood area. Here almost in every area you have shopping centres...so don't worry about that! Do feel free to ask many questions about <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region></st1:place>.

Hope you enjoy your stay in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region></st1:place>

6. monikachawla

monikachawla New IL'ite

thanks padmatvt and anushiv for ur information.

7. Lilly07

Lilly07 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Monika,
    weclome aboard. Did u manage to get any apartment? Please let me know about any agent's number as one of my cousin from the US is also hunting for an apartment now.
    Lilly

8. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Hi Monica,
    Welcome to Singapore! Have u been lucky to find home?? Have friend who has been home hunting around east side of Singapore and she had shortlisted some apts and i can give u her agent's number etc. Send me private message. Hoping to hear from ya..

9. monikachawla

monikachawla New IL'ite

not yet recieved any response from agents. can u pls tell me the agents contact numbers rani .thanks

10. monikachawla

monikachawla New IL'ite

hello rani

i dont know how to post a private message here in IL.thtats y i m posting a common message