Moving to next city while pregnant please advice.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Mehana, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi moms,

We are planning to buy a new home as our current apartment lease is going to end. We already liked a home and in the process of buying, since I am pregnant(26 weeks) with second child we are confused at this point whether we can move to new home or not.

Other information, we need to move out from the apartment as they going to renovate it. They gave option to move to other apartment in same unit or move out from the complex. The home we liked is just 1.5 miles away from our apartment. We are in crucial time as we have to move out before August 9.

We don't believe old superstitious but my I laws and parents advising us to not move out.

Please advice.

Thanks for your inputs.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

We can't argue with superstition. As long as your pregnancy is normal and you're going to be sensible about carrying heavy stuff and don't strain yourself while moving I don't see why it should be a problem. I personally know of many people who specifically change their homes why the pregnant so that they have a slightly bigger please when the baby comes. It has worked out fine. If your lease is running out then you have to move. There is not place for superstition here. just don't discuss it.

3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Just wanted to know others advice and experience. Asking someone not going to hurt us. I don't want to argue about superstition here just advice from moms.
    Thanks for your input.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Like Guesshoo said, several of my friends and acquantainces have moved to new places while pregnant, for the specific reason of having more room for the new baby.If everything is normal and you feel comfortable, I would move. FWIW, I have not heard this superstition in my family.