Moving to new rental house - what rituals to follow?

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by sripree, Mar 25, 2014.

1. sripree

sripree Gold IL'ite

Hi,

DH and I are moving to a new rental property.

Can someone guide me on how to find a good day to move in and what are the rituals to follow when we move in to make sure we have a good luck in the new house?

We earlier moved into a property (our present one) only 5 months ago and are already moving out of the place.

We had lots of disagreements with the landlady and we also had issues with heating and hot water.

It's very stressful to have to keep moving home.

I want to make sure we do all the right things when moving in to the new place. Please can someone guide me?

Thanks!

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome sister sripree to IL family

Yeah it is pain moving houses, agree with you..

Avoid Tuesdays and select morning hours without Ragu Kalam and have the apartment washed and tidy,

Take Photos of Lord Ganesha, your ishta deviatha, Kula deivam offer tambuloom and some neivedyam for the Goddess, your usual rituals of lighting lamp, breaking coconut and pray.

After this boil milk in the kitchen if possible in a new vessel and offer it to god with enough sweetness, then have food there itself (may be cooked or brought), you have to stay the night in the same house, even if you haven't shifted all the things or may even unpacked the things.

Best wishes to continue in this house and May Baba bless your new home in abundance and soon bless you with your home of your own,

SAIRAM

1 person likes this.