1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to New Jersey - Discussion Lounge

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by AnjuMahendran, Apr 6, 2007.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dear Friends,

We are in plan of shifting house. As kid is there, we are looking for 2bedroomhouse now.

Please can you give me details who are staying near Woodbridge, Edison, Metropark areas,if you find any vacant in your apartments.

We are looking for 2 bedroom, around April1st2009
    ($1200-1300+utilities). It would be really a great help.If it is near to Station, it would be really good, as my huuby has to commute to Newyork for work.

Thanks in advance.

2. vidhyaramkumar

vidhyaramkumar Senior IL'ite

Hi Usha,
    Vidhya again from Jersey City. Have you ever checked Best rent NJ website. There are lot of apartments in that site and reliable too. how old is ur kid? My advice is choose a school and move nearby as the apartment complex are associated to a particular school and one cannot choose the school as we do in Jersey City. Also check green plaza on green street, iselin which is a good complex and nearby to metro park station too.
    All the best.
    vidhya

3. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Hi Usha,

U r shifting from jersey city? Oh thats sad..:roll: Anyways did u find a place ? Anyways we'll be in touch over IL... And now since I've crossed 50 posts, I can even send /receive private messages. Btw, if u going to live in edison, metropark area, are u having a car? It'll be useful there.. We don't have one yet..

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhya,

I should thank you more for your real interest. Thanks Dear.

My daughter is 7months only...:)

Actually after lot of analysis, confussion we finalised at Edison. Aspen at edison apartment, though my hubby has to walk(20mts
    ) quite some distance to reach Edison station.

Once we get car, i think we can park at any station and travel by train to Newyork.

Apartment community seems to be quite and calm. Near by walking distance(2minutes we have shopping plaza, where i can manage few days buying groceries(Pathmark etc.,) till we get Car.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tranquility,

Yeah we first search here at Jersey city, Groove street,etc., But near your place rent seems to high for 2bedroom. At Jerseycity if you want nice community, its high....if average one here we have to be under owner, which we are already facing now(past3yrs)....we don't want to be nomore.

Finally we comprised little on commute and rental, got finalised at Edison. Yet to buy car buddy....

Don't worry IL will connect whereever across the world:))

6. Jyothisri

Jyothisri Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

We plan to move to NJ in a week. My husband's workplace in NJ is in Peapack. We are looking for 1 Bed 1 Bath apartments near his workplace.

Can anyone here guide me on which are the best areas for Indians to live near Peapack? We dont have kids yet, so school/daycare is not an issue with us. We are looking for a rental of around $1000 to $1200.

Is anyone here living near Peapack?

Thanks,
    Jyothi

7. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies!

Beautiful townhome on sale centrally located in a
    kid-friendly Indian community in central jersey. Lot of people are looking to move into the community. A perfect home for first time investment. If someone's looking in this area.. here are little more details.

5 min drive to train stations and malls and temple and buses to NY from the community, walkable distance to grocery stores and a strip mall. Good school district.

House is in a very good move-in condition , freshly painted and newer appliances..the house is priced to sell.!

If anyone's interested please respond here or send me a PM and I can re-direct you to the concerned person - just to protect the privacy and maintain forum etiquette...

Thanks,
    Shilpa.

8. musicbee

musicbee New IL'ite

Best place will be South Brunswick or plainsboro from where you will get buses and trains to NY

9. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    I am Mona from Austin, TX. My family wants to relocate to NJ. My husband can remote work from anywhere with little travel. My prime concern is good education for my 8years (4th grader) and 11 years (7th grader) old boys. I need to move around mid-august. Can some suggest areas with good elementary as well as middle schools. Based on internet search, I could think of Oxford arms in Edison NJ. Since I am on H4, I stay home and prefer living in Indian community.
    Please advise, I am confused.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  10. dumminysmith

dumminysmith New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CElisha%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]:rotflSince this is something unusual, you should first study the place in the internet, make a research on how people are living in there, is it a great place for raising your kids and getting a stable job, there are so many things to consider before you can settle peacefully in another strange place[/FONT]