1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by hariprabha, May 8, 2010.

1. hariprabha

hariprabha New IL'ite

I will be moving to Edinburgh this August.
    I have a 14 yr old son and have to look for schools for him. Anybody with children that age, I would like some feedback on schools in Edinburgh.
    Thank you

2. newToEdin

newToEdin New IL'ite

Re: Moving to Edinburgh- please advice

Hi All,

i will be moving to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:City> in 25 th Sep 2010 and need following information, i will be working in <st1:City w:st="on">Lothian</st1:City> Road ,<st1:postalCode w:st="on">EH1 2DH</st1:postalCode> <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:place></st1:City>

1. The cheap area to live in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:place></st1:City> with 1/2 hour travel single bus ride.
    2. The goods school where my son 6 years old can study.
    3. Vegetable market should be close by
    4. i would be preferring area in around EH6 6TJ, since there is Sikh temple.
    Sheriff Brae, Leith, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:City></st1:place> EH6 6TJ

Alternatively I would prefer the area between EH1 2DH - EH6 6TJ so that I can travel both the places easily.

I am looking PG accommodation for single (1-2 months) in the suitable area before i get my family. i am vegetarian and speak Hindi, Kannada, Punjabi and little bit of Tamil.

Thanks

Cheers
    raky