Moving to Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by hariprabha, May 8, 2010.

1. hariprabha

hariprabha New IL'ite

I will be moving to Edinburgh this August.
    I have a 14 yr old son and have to look for schools for him. Anybody with children that age, I would like some feedback on schools in Edinburgh.
    Thank you

2. newToEdin

newToEdin New IL'ite

Re: Moving to Edinburgh- please advice

Hi All,

i will be moving to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:City> in 25 th Sep 2010 and need following information, i will be working in <st1:City w:st="on">Lothian</st1:City> Road ,<st1:postalCode w:st="on">EH1 2DH</st1:postalCode> <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:place></st1:City>

1. The cheap area to live in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:place></st1:City> with 1/2 hour travel single bus ride.
    2. The goods school where my son 6 years old can study.
    3. Vegetable market should be close by
    4. i would be preferring area in around EH6 6TJ, since there is Sikh temple.
    Sheriff Brae, Leith, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Edinburgh</st1:City></st1:place> EH6 6TJ

Alternatively I would prefer the area between EH1 2DH - EH6 6TJ so that I can travel both the places easily.

I am looking PG accommodation for single (1-2 months) in the suitable area before i get my family. i am vegetarian and speak Hindi, Kannada, Punjabi and little bit of Tamil.

Thanks

Cheers
    raky