1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Boston - Natick Westborough Areas

Discussion in 'Indians in Westborough' started by ad12345, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ad12345

ad12345 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My husband and I are moving to Boston Area. His job will be in Natick and Westborough Areas.
    I hope some of you will be able to help me get answers to the following questions. And sorry about this many long questions, I just don't want to be confused and stressed and know things before we jump into them.

1) I am looking for places to live with a bit of Indian community in Natick and surrounding suburbs with a commutable distance to Natick. Can you name where I can start searching ? What are the safe areas for a pregnant woman and her husband.

2) Ideally I would prefer a townhome with 2 bed/2 bath in this area for DISH purposes. But I am ok with apartments and condos too. How much will the rent be ? I would prefer around 1200/month. Is that possible at all or Do i need to spend more ? I would not like go more than 1350 for a good and safe place near some Indian people.

3) Also how do you go about looking for apartments in this area ? I had previously looked online and in craiglslist. DO we really need a broker for searching apartments here ? Do we have to pay the broker ? or do we just look at the ad and take an appointment to see the place ?

4) I will be 25 weeks pregnant by the time we move and would like to know if there are any good OB/GYN (Americans or Indians anyone is fine) around? Do they take patients in 2nd trimester/ 3rd trimester ?

5) I would also like to know good hospital suggestions for deliveries. I guess it depends on the doctor too, but would like to know if there are any good hospitals nearby too ?

6) How is the traffic and commute around this area ?

7) Any nearby indian grocers and restaurants around ? And any warehouses around like costco, samsclub or bj's ?

8) I heard auto insurance is very expensive in Boston. How much would it usually be for a single car ?

Thanks you ladies. This is all I can think for now. I really appreciate all the answers and thank you in advance to all those who took time to answer my questions.

2. Dipudev

Dipudev New IL'ite

hi
    Welcome to Boston! :) I dont live close to Natick but further north. I do know that there are plenty of apartment buidings for rent and you can talk to the management directly without having to go via a broker. There are many apartment communities who were offering first month free rent! I dont know if that is still valid. Make sure you shop around!
    There is a fairly large Indian community in the Framingham(very close to natick) area. You will find costco or the likes in the same area.There is a HUGE Lakshmi temple in Ashland close to Framingham
    A good amount of Indian grocery and restaurents as well.
    As for Doctors I can only help you with that in my area. Sorry...
    hope this helps
    thanks
    Dipika

3. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

There's a complex in Westborough named Windsor Ridge. They have town homes. It's pretty decent and has Indian population too. You can call and get more details from them.

You should be able to get good apartments/town homes within your 1350 budget.

You do not need any brokers to look for apartments to rent. You can use craigslist or apartment.com.

Traffic is a problem during rush hour. You should plan a little else you will be stuck in traffic. It's not too bad though. You should try to add atleast 30 minutes to your commute if you travel in peak hours.

BJ's is more popular in Boston. You have one in Westborough.

4. sangavil

sangavil New IL'ite

There is another apt complex in Westborough called Fountain Head which has lots and lots of Indian population and it is in Rt 9 and has indian stores very close by and also walmart and Target stores in walking range.

Sudha

5. ad12345

ad12345 New IL'ite

Thank you all for your suggestions.
    I have decided to move to Fountain Head apartments in Westborough Area.

As I am pregnant I am now looking for a OBGYN & hospitals in and around westborough. Would appreciate any suggestions from IL ladies around this area.

Thanks.

6. sangavil

sangavil New IL'ite

Good that you moved to Fountain Head.It has tons of Indians and you will like it.I know St Vincent Hospital is also very good.And it is near only.And though i don;t know any OB/gyn here i will try asking my friends here and will let you know.

Sudha

7. raghavsmom

raghavsmom New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am rekha. I stay in haynes Farm apt.In Shrewsbury. I have a son who is 2.6 months old. Looking for some friends.

Thanks
    rekha

8. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi rekha...I live in the same place! Give me a shout via PM :)

9. raghavsmom

raghavsmom New IL'ite

Cannot send PM.

Are you in Haynes farm?

10. raghavsmom

raghavsmom New IL'ite

sent you a pm. pls chk