1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Movies that made you cry?????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by shakambari, Aug 23, 2011.

1. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shakambariji, I always prefer non tragedy movies but still there are lots of movie which made me emotional and tears welled my eyes..(like Taare Zameen par,Deivathirumagal,Vaanam,Bombay,madarasapattinam,....etc.,)

But the only movie which affected me a lot is KANNATHIL MUTHAMITTAL!! It got released when i was in school and i have watched it then when the war was going on..But again when I watched it few months ago, i couldnt control my emotions..i cried a lot..i couldnt overcome the thought of our inability to save and protect our fellows over there for few days..

2. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

The films which made me cry were
    1. Kalyana Parisu
    2.Paasa Malar
    3.Thulabharam
    4. another film starring Parthiban and sita in which Sita reforms him and dies in blast in the end
    5.thanga pathakkam
    6.Aradhana(hindi)
    7.Do ankhen Bharah Haath(hindi)
    8.satyakam(hindi)

3. barani

barani New IL'ite

I agree,
    Mahanadi-made me cry really bad.
    Thavamai thavamirundu
    Mundram Pirai
    Aarilirundu aruvaduvarai
    Thulabaram
    Abiyum Naanum
    Kannathil Muthamittai

4. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Nihasvin,
    I loved this list of emotional movies...
    How can I forget the scene in Madrasapatinam where the heroine hits the hero with the oar and pushes him into the river ti save him and goes away with the whites...
    Kannathil Mutthamittal is a totally new plane altogether...Superb handling -the scene where the kid meets the real mother and asks her to hug her ...etc.

5. shakambari

Thavamai Thavamirundhu is a simple story with wich we can all relate to,esp. the loving father who struggles for the upbringing of children ...
    Aradhana-all time classic!

6. shakambari

Barani,Lovely collection of senti films...
    Thulabaram-a touching tale where Sharadha excels...Munram pirai Kamal 's performance scaled new heights in that time...

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Films that made you cry buckets!! Uff, what a thread. But I could not resist peeping in here. These days, I make a big detour around movies that are very sad. I do not have the energy to be sad after a movie, I prefer comedies!

But, I too remember the movie Thulabaram, although only very vaguely and remember crying so much. I was very young then and this movie was too too sad.

After that, Mahanadi! I saw this movie much much later and I was already a mother of two young daughters. This movie left me very devastated and I cried so much watching this movie! I was depressed for weeks after watching this movie! The memory of it is still fresh in my mind! It is a great movie and was so true to life that it is frightening. Kamalasan proved once again what a brilliant actor and film maker he is. Though I simply love the song 'Sri ranga ranga nadhanin padam', I cannot bear to hear or sing it much as it reminds me of this very tragic movie!

L, Kamla

8. shakambari

Kamla...
    Glad you dropped in ...
    Yes,Even I was moved by some like Mahanadhi....
    And Thulabaram -I saw recently in a TV - amidst switching channels -Nice acting of Sharada...

9. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

The movie that made me cry real bad was 'Life is Beautiful'....so very sad to see the dad smile for the sake of his son, though he knew he was going to get killed!...but these days I find myself teary eyed for almost any senti scene on TV, could be the aging effect :)...nice thread BTW...

10. shakambari

Mikku ,Thanx for your fb.
    As you say...age does make people more emotional and sentimental...