Motivation needed- I m tired after returning from office!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by chetavani50, Jul 23, 2013.

1. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am a working woman and I go to office at 8-20 am and reach home at 6-10 pm. Though my work is not too hectic, I become tired after i reach home in the evening. I have to travel 25 KMs to my work-place. I go by the bus provided by my department. But still I donno why I feel lethargic to do any work in the evenings. I have a 9year old and 5 yr old DDs. Younger one is with my parents and I need to take care of my elder one. I need to help her with homeworks, her readings, her craft works and in addition to that I have to look after the works at home like cutting veggies for the next day, preparing some dinner, and getting ready on hand for the next day. I self-motivate myself to start work as soon as I go home but I settle down having some tea. I keep on watching TV and that makes me too lethargic to get up. If I start the work as soon as I reach home, I will be able to relax a bit but it will not be the same everyday. So I need your motivation ladies!!!! Please post your experiences also so that I can think of you all and get inspired while doing work. Please please please help me.

2. GoodHeart

GoodHeart Senior IL'ite

hii Chetavani.. how about having a cook for dinner and to cut veggies for next day.. All veggies to be cut and put in separate boxes including onion,garlic even coconut if required.. Then you will have time to relax and help your DD too in her work. When there is not much work in the evenings, you can have dinner earlier and get to bed soon.. The next morning u feel easy to wake up soon finish all work, breakfast n lunch ..

I actually had this routine for sometime when my maid came in the evenings too.. But then for other reasons she couldnt continue.. and am still not getting a right person for that.. Its hard otherwise in my case with a toddler and in-laws at home.. getting more tired on a long run..

Otherwise if you dont want to have a cook.. you can try making things simple.. some curries and chutneys can be stored for a week.. prepare those on weekend. will come handy during week days..

Also if we stick to our time schedule its still easier.. as you reach by 6 u sure can take a half hr to relax with tea.. then preapre dinner and check out DD in parallel.. :) planning the whole week menu in advance helps really.. i did this when my in-laws had gone for a months vaccation.. i put a whole day schedule to be followed even.. like the study timetable we prepare during school days :) i stick to time but, coz otherwise we sleep late and i cant get up by 5.30 in the morning..

2 people like this.
  3. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Thank you for immediate response Goodheart.
    I had engaged a maid who came in the evening for cutting veggies, folding clothes, cleaning kitchen top and stove, preparing snacks for my DD when she returns from school etc. But she stopped due to her personal reasons .Of course that was only for two months.
    And schedules, I prepare one and end up doing another one. Please anybody don't laugh.
    Can you please help me how to stick to the schedule. I have the following works after I return home :
    1. Taking the dried clothes and folding them.
    2.Arranging the cleaned vessels in the racks.
    3.Refresh myself ! (tea, snacks and bath)
    4.Help DD with her studies and homeworks.
    5.Prepare dinner (a curry and some rice)
    6.Cutting veggies for next day.
    7.Arranging DDs uniform , DH's dress and mine for the next day.
    8.Sorting out what to clean and what not to clean(vessels) .
    Generally I skip out 1,6,7in the evenings and start racing in the morning. Please do help me with my schedule. And I have a six-days a week working day office.
    I will be more thankful if anybody prepares time table for me according to the above works.
    These issues may be trivial for you all but it is just making me depress.
    Of course, my DH helps me but not in the kitchen. He lodas the wash.m/c and dries the clothes, helps DD with eating B/fast , looks after her after she returns from school etc.
    Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.
  4. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Chetavni,

I also have the same schedule approx as you , leave home by 8 am and reach by 6 30 pm. I take a break till 7 ,7 15 by reading books/newspaper/playing etc and then start my work by 7 7 30.
    if i have a program to watch i bring all the veggies to tv and cut them.if i have a meeting to attend i connect through mobile in mute and earphone and continue my work.

My son(younger one 8 yrs) sleeps late so i plan his homework like what ever he can do on his own has to be done fast and wherever my help needed i will join him after cooking while feeding him.(this is by 8 8 30)
    after that reading time to him as he is very much fond of reading story books.

I tried a cook coming in the morning who used to make chapatis and cut the veggies but some how only in summer it worked.
    she can come by 7 30 only.No one i got who can come by 6 am or evening 7.

his uniforms and our office wears mostly i will make them ready in the weekends for the whole week. (mostly Saturday as we might go out on Sundays.)
    dusting the house, extra cleanings, extra work to maid are all on Saturdays.
    one more tip i follow is , i get up early on Saturday also so as to get more time to work.
    Sunday is relaxing day. with a special brunch and evenings outing with more energy for the next week.

I don't watch TV much but i do not miss my hobbies like reading/ learning astrology etc 30 min before sleep.

hope it helps

Anvitha

4 people like this.
  5. GoodHeart

GoodHeart Senior IL'ite

Hii Vani

6 days a week is a bit hard only :|
    Everyone does that :) Plan one and end up doing another..
    Seems you are already doing great with your schedule!!!

How about combining your works.. While preparing dinner , when its on stove.. you can fold clothes, set aside uniforms or cut veggies
    As Anvitha said I too try to cut veggies watching TV.. But my son doesnt allow me :) So i ask my hubby to accompany him reading or watching rhymes/playing games ...

And you said your getting too tired.. You can have refreshing veg/fruit juices to boost your energy too. Green tea is also a good option..
    You are a working mom and doing pretty well!!! Why to worry about this.. Lets keep trying for perfection.. We will do what max we can :thumbsup

3 people like this.
  6. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

do yoga or learn it. you will have some energy to work at home. now iam working from home like selling activity workbook for kg children, etc., last year i work as co-ordinator from 10 -5 pm includes travel hours too. but i will take a short nap for 15 or 20 minutes to energize myself. you can set an alarm in the mobile or ask your dd to wake you up. in that time let her read or do any colouring work so that she wont disturb you.
    hope this helps.

lakshmi

7. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

only key thing is multi tasking and planing those group of multi taks as per your situation.
    and we should pamper ourselves properly as we need more energy to attend all these things at least at a satisfactory level. take care of your food and your interests also to keep the energy going.

also we should not look for 200% perfection in every thing we do. taking the dh help is also a great idea if it works. for me it doesn't as he has no timings at all. no weekends also. only sunday evenings is his off . that to again in case of emergency he has to attend the hospital . so that doesnt work at all for me.
    even if he is early it doesnt work by his nature like this.
    as dh was early yesterday i told him to help on his home work but after 30 min i went and
    saw they are playing fighting and enjoying keeping the homework aside
    so i have to sit and make him finish the work. :)
    but he helps on other things like giving oil bath to him, making his uniform ready etc etc.

that way by just finding out what really works for us is the key thing in my view

1 person likes this.
  8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  9. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Goodheart, plakshmi and anvitha for your replies.
    I will try multitasking and also I need to improve my energy levels.