1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Motivating or Moti Waiting?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 28, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Spidey. Nice to see you back. Spidey, only the thread is funny. The underlying reality is very [​IMG]. So what cannot be changed is being endured. :biglaugh

2. satchitananda

Hi Radhika,

All I can say is you have like Vijima and some others I know hit the jackpot in that department :cheers Maybe next life I shall join your club. :biglaugh Thanks so much for the feed back. :thumbsup

3. satchitananda

Hi Sri,

I agree with you. It's best to accept everything that life offers us - including all t.e best from the kitchens of the world - with both hands. And you are right, now when the pollutants in the air start mimicking steroids, what can I do? Not my fault, you see? And thanks for warning me that Suryanamskars did not help bring down the "moti"ness, I shall not waste energy (conservation being the buzz word here) on such pursuits. :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG] Satchi...

For me it is always a [​IMG]... In my childhood upto end of college it was tent in the true sense as I used to be lost in my dress, I was so skinny. And now also it is a tent (because of the obvious reason, it is a shapeless tent) and everyday I am outgrowing the tent!

I echo your words, as this is my mantra

5. satchitananda

Thanks Kalyani. We have to recommend that XXL tents be made for the benefits of new-age campers who like some amount of luxury in terms of living space. What say? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Satchi..
    great one as usual... so you are also from the club of "moti.. weight"... yes after a while one realises whats the point... resistance to food is biggest hurdle one has to cross while you try to loose weight.. but due to the bulk we carry tho all good intentions are there its just difficult to cross the hurdle!!!... now how will the skinnys of this world understand this basic problem...
    I was a size 8 and all said put on some meat on those bones.. now I'm size 16 and all say where are the bones.. show them...
    K

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Hi Kelly,

Thanks ever so much. What to do Kelly? One can't win either way. There is just no pleasing people. And also remember the grass is always green on the other side. There are many size 8s who are waiting to become motis. I would love to give them all my weight with a garland of flowers and dakshina to accompany it. Wouldn't it be wonderful if one could donate fat instead of blood? Everyone would be happy.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi
    Bertie Wooster, the inimitable hero of many a Wodehouse novel once wrote an article titled ‘What the well dressed man is wearing’ for his Aunt Dahlia’s magazine ‘Milady’s Boudoir’. If I were to be asked to write on ‘What the well dressed woman should NOT be wearing’, I would most certainly start with Queen Victoria and her hideous gown that looked like an umbrella left for drying after wlking through the rain. When you mention that ‘Queen Victoria did not derive her inspiration from me for no reason’ I am intrigued. I do hope that the said inspiration covers all aspects except the manner in which you are attired usually! But having said that, I totally agree with you on wearing tight dresses. They always become a matter of intense speculation. I have seen people wearing skin tight garments making us wonder if they are wearing any dress at all or have spray painted their bodies.

There is no age for overweight though it is more appreciated in infants and kids. Fourteen is a nice age for overweight because it gives us ample time to switch over to the lean and hungry category at later stages if at all it is thought necessary. All my 68 years I have carried my bounty with aplomb and ease. The only parties that could complain about my weight have never uttered a word so far but on the contrary seem to enjoy the fun are my legs. I hardly care for anyone else’s opinion.

You say you live in tents in obvious reference to your loose garments but tents are indeed beautiful things. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent said a guy called Dave Barry. A tent in rain is certainly a good subject matter for a painter. Let us not talk so disparagingly about tents!

Fat, as it is said of marriage, is a funny thing. Those who do not have it would do anything to get it but those who have it in abundance would do anything to get rid of it, even exercise if necessary! Not exercising to get rid of excessive weight is not half as sinful as the exercise some people do like jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck as some unknown author had once said!

If you want to nip your taste buds in the bud, you must follow a diet regimen of oats and such other multi-cereals that God created exclusively for the fauna sans taste buds. But unfortunately we nourish our taste buds lovingly with all the exotic things that Mother Earth showers on us in abundance. Can you insult her by churning them away for the mere cause of keeping our bodies within bound? It is sacrilege!

Find relief in the fact that 90% of the laughter and mirth in the world is attributed to the physically well endowed humans. Be there Satchi, be a source of joy!
    Sri

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Cheeniya Sir,

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

hi,
    Humourous post with moral:biglaugh.... you seem to have written for all of us motis:hide: