1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Motivating or Moti Waiting?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

hehehe, I remember I used to be called Moti all the time by my friends in college :)
    If you are seriously thinking about weight loss, please visit my thread 'How to kick start your weight loss mission' in the Health and Fitness forum

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Paru,

Join the club. I have lost count of the number of times I have lost weight and regained it and everytime i lose weight, I triumphantly stitch some really nice dresses. Alas, they fit only for a couple of wears - say a couple of months. Thereafter I wonder what sin I have done to punish myself by depriving myself of good food. Food and I have a very deep relationship. We are inseparables. We are soul-mates you could say. :hide: I used to promise myself to lose weight and get back into those clothes. Eventually I found it easier to stitch new clothes to my size than to try to fit into clothes which were too small.

So now that you have decided to get started on the 1st of May (by the way, is that 2011 :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl), let us do this together. Let me try this new motivation to lose weight. I certainly find company motivating.

3. satchitananda

I remember being mercilessly being ragged about being "Fatty" in school. I used to cry everyday about this. Well, I have come a long way from those days. At least now I can laugh at myself. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I seriously want to lose PTamil, but don't know how to. My eating is firmly under control, but am unable to exercise. That's my problem.

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed reading the "MOTIVATING" story teamed with "MOTI WAITING" !!
    By the way which is your easy and fast pick ??
    Well done Sats.....so what impressed you today to write this ??@@##**

5. naliniar

naliniar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Satchi..

The story is really worthy to read and realise. Sometimes I too feel its ok I look good only with this weight.

But some times I feel atleast I should reduce 5 kg.But after seing some foods I again forget motivation.

Recently I strongly decided to stick to my decision and diet and exercise proces...

Thanks for your story at right time..:)

Cheers
    Nalini

6. satchitananda

Thanks Sudha. Don't really know what pushed me to write this. Motivating myself to write? Looking sadly at all those gorgeous dresses in the cupboard waiting to be worn? Or a thread named "Need a motivation to carry on an effective weight loss program" made me think of my own plight? The thought of ice-cream and the smell of food from the kitchen? Don't know really. Well whatever it be. Aam khaane se matlab hai ya guthliyan ginne se?

7. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

I am not sure how many of you have heard the hindi song from movie 'ghulam' starting with
    'Sun, suna,
    Aati kya khandala"

meaning ( listen, what? coming to khandala ? ...Khandala - a hill station in Maharashtra which is known to be a lover's paradise particularly during rainy season)

Now visualise a southindian ambi staying in matunga chawl in love with a fat gujju girl staying in the opposite chawl.

Whenever she comes to balcony , our ambi also goes to the balcony,
    love created with
    'Annalum nokkinal avalum nokkinal ' (eyes meeting)

He wants to talk to her but does not know hindi and gujju girl does not know English. He thinks and thinks as to how to express his love.

That night when he and his room mates were playing cards after the dinner , from the radio there is this song 'aathi kya khandala' - he likes this song and he asks his roommate what is the meaning and the roommate tells the meaning as 'will you come to Khandala'

Eureka ! our ambi shouts and dances with his lungi on. (please read - lungi is on and not la archimedes eshtyle)

Full night our ambi rehearses and rehearses 'aathi kya khandala' in rajni eshtyle irritating all the room mates,

Next morning he combs his hair, puts even a bit of 'vibhuthi' prays the God and wearing a new shirt enters the balcony and when he sees the Gujju on the other side, he blushes blue (black with red almost looks blue na?) and in his excitement starts singing in tamilian eshtyle 'haathi ka anda la' (meaning bring elephant egg) ..

He was fantasizing gujju giving a lovely smile and a flying kiss as bonus but lo, he is in for a shock. The Gujju girl gives him a look as if to make him into ashes and runs inside. He still did not know what went wrong but it is reliably learnt that the gujju girl is so furious that he had the guts to call her as 'Haathi -elephant"

Moral of the story??? - Everything I am not supposed to do na? Please use your kidney and get me some news morals for this story..

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  8. satchitananda

Hi Nalini,

Thanks for the fb. Glad to know that this story motivated you into getting your act together. I am still waiting.:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

9. satchitananda

Sushi,
    :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl. Good one. The moral of the story is "Wait, I'll arrange a bicycle for you. Go find the haathi and its anda for yourself"!

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

:biglaugh
    That was a good one Sushi!!!