"Mother's Words of Wisdom" - Contest for the Month of May,2008

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Kamla, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NausheenM

NausheenM New IL'ite

Dear Arlette ,
    Many congrats on winning this contest! God bless you with more joy and success in life.

Sunkan, Preethi, Yamusarna and Mindian....congrats to you too!...Pull up your socks and get ready for the next one.

2. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the support and the wishes.
    I am not very good at writing, as compared to many distinguished members here. I have´nt done much for my mother, and have hardly thanked her for molding my character and making me the person I am today. So when I saw the contest, I felt I should take part in it.
    I am happy that the judges liked the entry. am posting my entry here.

Regards,
    Yamuna.

Hi induslady,

Nice contest......
    I remember the day so well even now.I was 8 years old and, came home crying because my playmate refused to play with me, because her cousins had come for the holidays and she did not need my company. My mother saw me, pacified me and let me watch TV for a while and later we both read a story book.
    Then in the evening she spoke to me and said never cry when you can face the problem. Crying is a sign of weakness and mind stops working.Instead of facing the problem in hand, you get depressed and submit to the problem.
    I do cry like all human beings, but then I remember what my mom said and then focus my attention and energy on facing the problem and solving it if possible. Her words have made the person I am today......an optimistic person with positive attitude.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Yamuna,
    Nice one....true, crying doesn't solve problems....face it and solve it...very good advice by your mom...

sriniketan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.