1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothers Of 2-3 Year Olds

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by uthra, Jul 2, 2007.

1. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

HI,

I am uthra and i have a toddler who is 2 years and 2 months old.
    i felt that it would be nice if parents with kids in the same age group could share information and views about their kids

eating habits
    daily routine
    playschool activity
    health problem
    their naughtiness
    pictures
    useful websites
    etc.,

as my contribution
    i found the site very useful for my kid Online Learning Games from Fisher-Price – For Infants, Toddlers & Preschoolers

as of now am worried about my childs first days at playschool

regards

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Uthra,
    My youger daughter is 2 1/2 yeras old and she just started going to playschool.
    She is very naughty and took a week to settle down there. Hates eating rice and I have to think of good substitutes to keep her in good health. Both she and her older sister are picky eaters. Has started talking words now with great speed and she idolises her older sister who is going to be 8. Don't worry about sending your lil one to playschool, they enjoy it after the intial fuss. Otherwsie it is great fun to watch them grow . Post after your kid's first day at school, All the best.
    Cia Yao,
    Janani

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

hi ladies!

My son tharun who is going to be 3 by this august, is very naughty and hyperactive. he cannot stand at one place even for a second. he just keeps running,screaming or else throwing things all around the house.
    however we try to be strict with him, he finds some or the other way and keeps himself busy. these days he is very fond of all these cartoon shows on diffn channel. his fav being poppeye,spongebob and what not. though i have read that we should restrict their tv viewing but i have to give it up saying atleast he will sit at one place for sometime so that i cann do some work:mrgreen: .

He used to be very choosy about his eating,but slowly he is changing and he now himself comes and ask me for food or snacks. i remember i used to worry a lot about his food inatke but touch wood he is changing for good .he goes to eurokids and has improved a lot. he can tell the names of all the fruits,A-z,numbers and selected rhymes, so i m overall very happy with the selection of school.

hey uthra i think u have started a very good thread, spl for moms who are very invovled with their kids the whole day.:goodidea:

cheers
    vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  4. shefali75

shefali75 New IL'ite

Hello all mothers!!!!!!!!!
    I have 23 months old son(Giovanni) will be starting Nursery in September , i am very excited about him joining ,he already knows his alphabet and numbers till 15. right now we are in process of learning days he knows 3 days so far.
    As far as his food intake concern he is very fussy eater since i change from formula since last week i started giving him regular cow milk.
    He is very active child like any other normal toddler.
    now its your turn !!!!!!!!!

shefali

5. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

dear vaidehi,
    advance birthday wishes for your kid.
    atleast he has almost crossed the terrible twos stage.
    about the tv watching....i really dont understand what they find interesting in spongebob:)
    me and my kid have a tug of war between watching oprah and sesame street since they come at the same time here.:mrgreen:
    :bangcomp: is almost what my kid does to the keyboard when i am busy browsing

keep updating
    luv

1 person likes this.
  6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Oh my GOD, so many mothers with naughty kids. I am glad that Iam also one in the clan. With my 2 year old around, I cant do any work without him tugging me from behind or calling me RAAJEE. He just completed his 2 years and I am very happy that his sister teaches him alphabets, numbers and also other things. They are good friends and bitter enemies too at times.

His favourite food is Idly with a dash of ghee, dosai and Chappati. Except for Idly for the other two he needs something spicy as a side dish.

Planning to put him in school this Vijayadasami.

7. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

dear rajmi and shefali ,

welcome to the clan.
    It gives me a sigh of relief to know that there are other fussy eaters too......especially when there are kids from other countries around who sit so peacefully by their parent and feed themselves:mad:
    and dear rajmi, my question may seem dumb....but is your kid able to bite a chappati well and eat it?

keep posting
    :wave

8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Uthra,
    As I have told in another thread both my kids are never picky or fussy eaters if the food appeals them so much.

My son has got all the teeth and he loves Chappathi as I make it fulka. I dont add ghee or oil. I have to put small pieces in his plate and he eats it. Infact if you make fulka or Phulka however you spell it, it is too good for the kids. I give it as a evening tiffin, once my daughter comes from school.

Infact my son is so fond of spicy stuff.

1 person likes this.
  9. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

hello friends,
    Let me too join this wonderful thread, for i'm having a very very naughty boy of 34 months. He is going to the play school nearby, and the teacher says he is very quite, easy going, listening well :idontgetit: etc.....?!. But when the moment he sees me, oh.. its finished, he runs here and there throws his bag and all that. I feel embrassed for other kids are quite and calm. Is this a normal behaviour?. He is just now trying to speak few sentences "amma inga vaa", "dosai vendam" etc. He never listens what we're saying and does as he likes. Is it a serious problem, if else what should i do?.....

regards
    karthiga:wave

10. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

hi karthiga,

welcome aboard:thumbsup

my kid also has his own way with me.......sometimes i often wonder appreciate myself for being a good kid when i was small.
    i feel that sometimes its also the birth order that affects a lot of things about kids. the first kid in the family has no previous example to see and learn and hence mostly acts as the king of the house. besides it moves us to see a tear in our kids eyes and the child begins to use it too.

regards