1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothers-in-law, Dinosaurs And Actor Ajith - Varalotti In The US 5

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 19, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Sindhuja, for the kind words. Actually this thread links the dinos, the mils and Actor Ajith, however unrelated they may be in space and time.

I am happy that you enjoyed reading this post.

regards,

2. varalotti

Hi Aishu,

It is not just to attract you to the thread. Didn't I establish a clear connection between the three entities? Unusual association, they say is the surest way of learning and remembering things.

And you have said it right, Aishu. From bad mils we learn the lesson the other way round. We learn about all the donts and then take care to avoid them all.

After reading about the dinosaurs I am not convinced that they became extinct by their own fault. May be the rains, the storms or the metors killed them. Then some scientists argue that if they were intelligent enough they could have protected themselves against all those things. But were we, the most intelligent creatures on earth, able to protect ourselves against a Tsunami? And if the calamity is of a much higher scale can we hope to do any thing? I doubt.

Nature humbles us by its vast size and unimaginable force. If we are really intelligent as we claim to be we should learn this first and try to be more responsible.

Thanks aishu for the kind words,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

To receive such words of appreciation from the latest winner of the finest post contest is a great blessing. Thanks, sundari for those kind words. Writers like me thrive only on words like these. They are our staple food. Starved of such food we suffer from malnutrition and eventually wilt away.

Sorry to note that your mil did not understand your love. May be she was not blessed enough to enjoy her dil's love till the very end.
    Thanks once again for the words, Sudari.

I love the motto that comes with you signature.
    regards,

4. varalotti

Shobana,
    I feel a little embarrassed to talk about figures to an accountant. But this is lesson 5. Lesson 4 was on last Wed. and it was about obsolete gas turbines and parental relationships. If you had not read that, please do it now and let me have your views.

Even a glance at the picture of the Grand Canyon is enough to humble me. I saw an Imax movie on the eruption of Mt. St.Helens in the Washington state. It was even more humbling. All our intelligence, all our arsenal, cannot even hold a candle to that kind of nature's fury.
    In the context of the age of earth, the millions of years that have passed, it does not make a difference if we live for a 100 years more or die the very next second. In the context of so many millions of years, our life span is just about a nano second.

I am not sure whether I can visit the Grand Canyon. But let's see.
    thanks, shobana
    sridhar

5. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir, Very interesting article. wondered if it was again a marketing gimmick when i read the title. Great way to relate MILs with Dinos. Actor Ajith was doing very well in 90s. But because of his wrong selection of roles he has lost his market. Ofcourse DILs and Actors like Ajith cannot rule over MILs and old actors like Kamal and Rajini. It is better to be submissive and win over their love.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear sridhar sir,

Wow...was wondering how you were going to link the three....i think you are in a learning and discovering mode..giving us new insights every week.....after gas turbines,dinosaurs what next ....

i personally feel, dinosaurs would have learnt to live and balance themselves if they were given a chance...that is nature...but we human beings with our mighty ego's and views are always on a fault finding mode....

Nobody is perfect...So the moment i accept the positives/negatives as it is you dont have problems... I have earlier said...dont our parents have the +/- when we accept that..why not in-laws.... I think we have a pre conditioned notions about inlaws...

Though the ajith's cannot excel as kamal...they have learnt to co-exist...with a little give and take..(That is a ajith's movie does not get released when there is a kamal release..) the same way a little give and take...leaving the egos could go a long way...

So after writing so much if i dont talk about my mil....my mil had both minus/plus..but that is how she was..a little ego, a lot of temper..but she was a great mother and daughter...i learnt how you should not treat your mil..i hope you have understood what i dont write..I am told you dont write -ve's about a person who is no more....

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

OOps my mistake - I did read lesson 4 on turnbines and posted my response to which you responded as well (now it is my turn to embarass you!! Just kidding!!)

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,
    Its a good simile MIL and Dinos. I don't have to say anything abt the mighty MILs, but can share sth abt Dinos.
    Anyways, have you seen that movie Walking with Dinosarus.
    Here, you can watch that one in any theater and its really a good and informative one.
    And one more thing, I know you are here in USA and if you would come to visit White House in DC, then I wanted to be your host. You have to stay at my place and it will be a pleasure to me.
    Regards,
    Meeta

9. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir,

The title for the post made me to read this article.
    I really enjoyed everybody's comments.
    I like the comparision of MILs and dino's.
    I am eagerly waiting for my dino's to become extinct (just kidding).

Thanks,
    Punitha

10. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Hi again, thanks for the apt reply!

Looking forward to see...interesting articles from you with a captivating title!