1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother's-in-law Day!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhru
    My dream is coming true sooner than I expected!
    Sri

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Shreya, in that case there will be a bit of pageantry added to both events something along the lines of Ravan dahan - may be on mil's day they can celebrate dil dahan and vice versa. This would probably have an added advantage that the regular dil dahans that take place from time to time in this country should hopefully come down if the mils find a place to vent their fury openly.

1 person likes this.
  3. shraddha2704

shraddha2704 Bronze IL'ite

u dont need 1 if u think of her as your mother. den its just mothers day for her 2

4. Cheeniya

Dear shraddha
    If I think of her as my mother, my wife would become my sister! It would be like the knotty problem of K Balachander's Apoorva Raagangal! In any case, what I do with her is more important than what I think of her. I think she is happy with the way she has been pampered by me for the last 45 years!
    Sri

Thyagarajan, satchitananda and Srama like this.
  5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Like you came up with Ravan Dhan, I was thinking of something akin to Holi. Anyways, tried to imagine the scene... could picture nothing less than a widespread riots, with tyres and stray cars burning. :rotfl. Drop the idea....

1 person likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Cheeniya

Written long long ago yet relevant all the time.
    2. Glorious beginning on behalf of vainglorious MILs for dedicating a Day a la Mothers’ Day. I enjoyed GREAT DEAL of your easy handling of humour and more description or status of husband of MIL. compassion INDEED for that caged-cat look FIL.

Thanks for bringing me up here.
    Regards.

7. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    My dear Thyagu
    There was a time I was a prolific writer like you. One new post every week used to be my schedule. Old age and stroke affected right eye have robbed me of all enthu.
    But wait. I am not singing a swan song. I will be back hopefully in good time
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I find vis a vis some seniors your contribution here is no less both content wise and number of post wise.
    2. Besides monitoring or and moderating, you are able to manage nicely many irons in the fire which itself indicates your robust erudition, diction and agility.
    3. I had gone through many seniors posts including yours - here which helped learning and assimilating a lot.
    4. As Long as we remain engaged in an activity, we are going to remain energetic and enthusiastic and we are!
    Regards.
    God Bless Us.