1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Most wanted list on anti terrorism day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sureshmiyer, May 21, 2011.

1. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

MOST WANTED LIST ON ANTI TERRORISM DAY

May 20 is celebrated as Anti-Terrorism Day in India. Our beloved late PM Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated that day. Strangely, India has never faced serious threats from the LTTE that conspired to kill the Indian PM for its own reasons. Yet, this day is being observed as Anti-Terrorism Day. There are far more significant days, like the Parliament attack, which was far more symbolic that could have been observed as Anti-Terrorism Day. Well, I do not deeply believe in observance of such days, but yet the cynic in me feels a little bit curious about the logic behind such days.

The poor Tamilians fought for their rights in Sri Lanka, where they are still treated as untouchables. The LTTE became the face of their movement. Initially, various sections within India also supported the LTTE which transitioned from a simple rebel union to a properly organized and trained military organization. Unfortunately, the poor Tamilians were taken for a ride by the LTTE which unleashed violence and indulged in unethical activities to finance itself. Things have moved on after the killing of Velupillai Prabhakaran and the defeat of the LTTE though the treacherous ways of the Sri Lankan Government to silence the Tamil people still remains a subject of debate.

I feel surprised why no one apart from few people of Tamil Nadu feels sympathy for the plight of the disadvantaged Tamilians in Sri Lanka. The LTTE is no longer a threat to India. Now, even Priyanka Gandhi feels the need to forgive Nalini, a convicted accused in the Rajiv Gandhi killing. The staff in some Government offices are made to read a pledge on Anti-Terrorism Day. Why make those persons read such pledges when those who are supposed to give such pledge are hiding in Pakistan and indulging in terrorist activities against India.

We may be taking digs at Pakistan for not knowing about Osama Bin Laden hiding in their backyard, but we are found to be no better. CBI’s most wanted list of terrorists supposedly hiding in Pakistan, contains those who are either roaming in Thane District near Mumbai or are safely lodged in Arthur Road Jail.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I feel bit difficult to understand many points here... or I disagree some... I have to give it one more read and come back...

3. sureshmiyer

it is just another usual rant by a restless argumentative Indian like me

:)

cheers
    suresh

4. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi Suresh, I also wonder why staff in some Govt. offices are made to take a pledge when they terrorists are allowed to go free.

5. sureshmiyer

its quite funny

isnt it

cheers
    suresh